Independents realignement schedule problem

Independents realignement schedule problem

Postby Missille » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:17 am

Hi!

I really enjoyed your game, but I have an issue: I play with New Mexico State and after 6 seasons I wanted to move them in the Mountain West Conference (in Mountain Division), in way to improve them.
But I've a problem with the schedule: I have to play 14 games, instead of 12! I play twice New Mexico, and have to play Liberty, UTEP, Washington State, Fresno, San Diego State... every season. So I move them in the Sun Belt, and then I got to play 15 games!

I made a test with Liberty in the AAC, and they got the same problem.

I understand that independents teams has a pattern of teams to play every year, but how to break this pattern and to have a regular schedule with 4 non-conference game, 5 division game and 3 conference game against other division?

Thanks for answer and sorry if I made mistakes, I'm French aha
Missille

Re: Independents realignement schedule problem

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:44 am

Yea, for Liberty and NMST there are fixed schedules in the game, so if you relocate them to a conference things will get messed up. You could in theory change a teams.xml to work for your scenario by swapping team names but keep the team id's as original (NMST would no longer be 126).

The other way to move them would be to go to a complete custom setup with your own custom schedule.csv if you wanted to try and preserve some of their historical games.
brooks_piggott

Postby Missille » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:09 am

Alright
I will see about changing the ID

My idea was to move NMSU in Mountain West and Liberty in AAC, instead of Air Force and Navy
So I have to change (swap?) the ID of these 4 trams?
Missille

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:18 pm

In the teams.xml file you'd have to swap everything for those rows except for the id (probably easier to copy the whole row over and then change the id back)
brooks_piggott

Postby Missille » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:07 pm

I suppose I have to start a new game after changing in the Teams.xml? Or that will change in my current game?
Missille

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:38 am

Yes, that would only affect new leagues going forward.
brooks_piggott

Postby coachcbjii » Tue May 26, 2020 11:39 am

Hey Brooks, you say that Liberty and NMSt have fixed schedules. Assume that is the same for all Independent teams?
My question is, is there a way to edit that fixed schedule without make an entirely new custom schedule CSV?

My thought is I want to swap Liberty and Air Force. Making Air Force and independent.
Then I can move Liberty to the Mountain West and make them into my custom school.

But my question is by moving Air Force to independent is there anyway to make so they still play Army, Navy, and Notre Dame every year without making a custom schedule?

Thanks for your help.
coachcbjii

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 pm

The game goes by their Team ID's... so if you move them into a conference that uses it's own schedule you'll potentially get screwed up games as it tries to do the normal conference scheduling as well as the independent forced games.

Initially I had set all of the independents to have open schedules + rivalry games but the scheduler had so much trouble matching up and getting 12 games for everyone that I had to hard code Liberty and NMST. You may have luck with Air Force.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion