New Player - Questions

New Player - Questions

Postby Crocden » Tue May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

So I’ve long been looking for something like this ever since the years of NCAA14 and I’m excited with what I’ve seen so far. I’m an avid OOTP player for baseball so this style of game is right up my alley. I do have a few questions though...

After starting a dynasty and playing a week I’m confused with what I’m seeing. My first game was against the #4 team (Florida) in which I won 44-17. Going into the game I was #3. Come week 2 and I expected to at least stay flat if not move up but I was dropped to #4 and replaced by...Florida. Am I missing something here? I also noticed that Clemson lost their first game but remain at #5. The logic behind the rankings just seems off.

I also tried auto assigning my depth charts and I’m noticing that some of my best players are being omitted. What is the logic that drives those choices? Does it take seniority or play style into account? I can easily fix by doing it manually, just curious though on how that’s supposed to work

I have some questions on recruiting but I see some threads already devoted to recruiting so I’ll give those a read before spamming with a ton of duplicate questions.

Thanks
Crocden

Re: New Player - Questions

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue May 12, 2020 7:18 pm

The first week there are a lot of shifts of teams as the logic shifts from weighting previous year finishes with expected current season finishes. It should level out after week 1 a bit and start to make more sense.

The auto depth charts tend to follow coach preferences, which tend to look at specific ratings and positions instead of overall ratings.
brooks_piggott

Re: New Player - Questions

Postby Crocden » Tue May 12, 2020 8:48 pm

Got it, thanks for the reply! It does seem to have evened out once I advanced further.
Crocden

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion