subbing players during game...

subbing players during game...

Postby shunt11 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Just bought the game and played one game...can you not sub players during the game? I dont
see a place to go to roster depth and swap out players??? Surely this is not the case, did I miss
something? Thanks...
shunt11

Re: subbing players during game...

Postby AKH » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:40 pm

you swap players by using different packages.
AKH

Postby shunt11 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:45 pm

hmmmm...don't like that!
shunt11

Postby shunt11 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:30 am

regret buying knowing this...maybe i can trade it for college hoops? unless you cant
sub a single player unless you have a "set" predetermined which would be totally
ridiculous..... really weird this game doesn't allow single in game subs..why?
shunt11

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:23 am

shunt11 wrote:regret buying knowing this...maybe i can trade it for college hoops? unless you cant
sub a single player unless you have a "set" predetermined which would be totally
ridiculous..... really weird this game doesn't allow single in game subs..why?

I have no idea if they offer refunds/trades for games but they do offer FREE demos of all their games for you to try before you buy them to determine if something you would like. I know it may not help you now for the football game, but if you plan to look at any of the other titles, make sure to check out the demos first.

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/free-game-demos/

Maybe in a future version they will look at enhancing the subbing features as it would seem to make sense. I am probably in the minority where it hasn't impacted me much but that is only because I don't play out the games, I simply sim them and focus on the other aspects. If I did play out the games, I would want better subbing as well.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:15 am

We've never really looked at subbing individual players... the game is tied to formations and depth charts and packages, which should allow you to call any play with any personnel you want. And switching to a different package is a lot easier than going in each play and individually setting who's on the field.
brooks_piggott

Postby shunt11 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 pm

yah well I think both should make for a much better game. You'd surely go about the formation thing
more often but there are no doubt times you want to put a different guy in a certain scenario.....

does the game auto sub when fatigued? I havent had time to ck....
shunt11

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Yes, the coaches auto-sub based on formation, play, depth chart desired, package mix, and fatigue. There are no plans at this time to allow for single subs during the game. At this point it would actually be a significant amount of work to enable since we'd have to bypass all of the current logic that exists. The closest you can get is setting up custom packages that have specific players in them that you want on the field for specific scenarios, and then just switch to that package when desired. Most of our users will set up 2 or 3 packages for jumbo personnel, or third down personnel, and just switch as needed. You could even have one specific page with just one player swapped out if that's all you wanted for certain formations. If this doesn't work for your situation you'll have to let us know what you're trying to do and we can look at enhancing things in future versions.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion