Performance Grades - Question

Performance Grades - Question

Postby TheRivals40 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi guys-

Sorry if this was posted here, but I could use a little guidance on how performance grades work/how to interpret them.

1. I assume all of the grades except performance are determined before the game and affect the player's performance throughout? Is that correct?
2. Effort and attitude - I'd assume they are based on a mix of personality and morale. Is there any way to improve a player's effort throughout the season? Are the effects of a low effort grade different from the effects of say a low work ethic personality trait?
3. Performance grade and value per snap - what are these actually measuring? What would be a reasonable way to consider value per snap along with other statistical metrics (how is it different from say Y/A for a QB)? Or is it just based on a player's stats?
4. Awareness - how is this different from intelligence? What effect on gameplay?
5 Or all all these ratings just made after the game is over to evaluate performance? If so, why would I use them when I can already see a player's ratings with 100% accuracy?

I would just like some direction on this because right now I see these ratings and know they are being brought over to pro, but I feel like I never have any reason to look at them for decision making or anything else. Would love some insight on how to use them.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Re: Performance Grades - Question

Postby AKH » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm

1. no - grades are generated from how they act in the game.
2. you are right that its based of a mix of things, and you can improve effort through improving their morale
3. based mainly on stats and how they do in the game. Some of these stats wont be obvious (like a catch that was really difficult and wouldnt have counted as a drop if they hadt caught it). Cant recall the calc for value per snap, but it meshes with the other stats and grades, If i recall correctly anything above 1 is good.
4. Awareness is different from intelligence in the sense that its a result of a bunch of on field checks of which many rely on intelligence - so you could have low int dudes who nail every check in a game and gets a high awareness grade.
5. yes they are grades of performance and therefore needs a performance before they can be generated, they arent identical to any ratings you already have and are tied to an actual performance as opposed to being general ratings. You may of course want to evaluate your players using the other parameters.

And to answer the question you didnt ask regarding the pro game: it was wished for in one of the streams, but we were going to bring it over regardless.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion