See who is on the field and decline penalties

See who is on the field and decline penalties

Postby 23Zone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:24 am

I had followed the previous post about being able to substitute individual players and I understand the way the game is created for packages and formations… so I can deal with that. One thing that would be nice would be to be able to see when the game substitutes someone for me because of fatigue, injury or whatever (it seems like it does so maybe sometimes when it is a blow out). Would it be possible to add a display that shows who is currently on the field? It might even be better to warn you when the lineup has been changed. I call all of my own plays and I am often surprised when my QB has changed. I have one guy who is a better passer and the backup is a better runner and it causes me to call the wrong play sometimes.

Another question that has probably been asked before... is there a way to decline a penalty? It seems like the game always accepts all penalties. If it doesn't exist it would be nice to have as an addition.
23Zone

Re: See who is on the field and decline penalties

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:13 am

The game auto declines penalties that put you in a worse situation.

Yea, we probably need some sort of fatigue indicator in your package selection so you can see when guys may be getting swapped out. I'm going to be doing a bit more work around this in the engine so that the subs make more sense.
brooks_piggott

Postby 23Zone » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Thanks Brooks for the reply and its good to hear that you are looking the subs thing. I really enjoy that fact that you guys at Wolverine really listen to the peeps who play... and do a great job of making these games fun. I am actually a programmer by trade so believe me when I say I understand not everything is possible.

About the penalty thing... I sometimes disagree with what it does. It will take a holding penalty that puts a team in 2nd and 20 when I might rather just have the 3rd and 10. I know that's how it usually happens in real life but... maybe the team I am playing is a running team primarily and their QB stinks... I would rather have 3rd and 10 to get the ball back quicker. Just a minor beef really and maybe I am just trying to game the game by doing something unrealistic :D .
23Zone

Postby slaphappy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm

I asked about the penalty thing on a chat, Books was on, not long ago. Sounded like changing it wouldn't be an easy thing to do. I agree it takes away a little bit of strategy.
slaphappy

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion