Training seems very slow

Re: Training seems very slow

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:20 am

The game is carefully tuned based on the expected ratings that players have. If you drop them 15-20 points then overall results of the game is going to be affected... everything from sacks and interceptions to rushing to completion percentage. And there aren't a "few" existing leagues... every league that any purchaser created in CF20 (or earlier) that they want to open in CF21 would give wildly inaccurate results. And then we'd get lots of complaints in CF21 about how the results aren't realistic. I don't have a way of making the engine work for guys who average 75 to behave the same way as guys who average 90 in their primary ratings.

Again, I'm not saying I won't update things, I just can't make these kind of drastic changes to the numbers. It has to be a gradual change, or at least a change that I can add to a configuration option. Dropping incoming recruits a few points, and then adding more bumps to training in their first year is easy and won't affect the global engine numbers... just would make fewer freshmen starters on day 1 but overall juniors and seniors should have similar ratings to what they have today.
brooks_piggott

Postby TheRivals40 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:37 pm

Fair enough Brooks, thanks for being open to considering it. It would make the game more fun for me if there was more progression and more standout players (i.e. only a few players with very high ratings) but I understand I'm just one person and everyone has their own thing they are dying to see changed.
NOppenheimer
TheRivals40

Postby Rizzo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:14 pm

TheRivals40 wrote:Fair enough Brooks, thanks for being open to considering it. It would make the game more fun for me if there was more progression and more standout players (i.e. only a few players with very high ratings) but I understand I'm just one person and everyone has their own thing they are dying to see changed.

I agree with this 100%. Having freshmen coming in basically close to their maxed out potential is a bit of an immersion killer. At that point you can just cut upperclassmen that have fallen down the depth chart because recruits come in developed.
Rizzo

Postby NBryant » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:40 am

Could you not include some form of an "x-factor" selection option where a current league could choose to allow this to happen or not. Do not select it and the ratings remain, select the option and that years recruits are nerfed to reflect what is being asked. I appreciate your concern for current leagues but giving them a choice one way or the other might be an option. They could continue status quo or change, you would have the code in place so new or leagues restarting can run with it.
NBryant

Postby AKH » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:50 am

for the 21 version of the progame (first access opens this week btw) ive added a 'very high' setting for training effect. I expect this will make it into the 21 version of the college game as well. Then you can nerf the entire playerpool (or just recruits if you want) and crank up the training effect.
AKH

Postby Sharkn20 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 pm

I really like the idea of the majority of freshmen coming a bit underdeveloped, then grow a bit faster without tpuching the end product of Juniors // Seniors too much.
Sharkn20

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion