Scheduling

Scheduling

Postby 23Zone » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:41 pm

I have been playing a lot lately and I have noticed that there are a lot of 'Power 6' (including the AAC here) conference teams that play road games at much lesser schools. For instance this last year in my latest association in the MAC... Alabama at Ball State... Florida State at Ball Sate (Ball State has something going there)... OK State at Central Michigan... Florida State at Kent State (FSU is losing money this year..)... Maryland at NIU... Pitt at Toledo... the list goes on if you look at the Sun Belt and some of the other lesser conferences. None of those MAC schools are human controlled and the prestige of the teams is what you would expect since I have prestige change set to normal and the league is only 4 years old. Also the prestige numbers have not been tampered with. I dont know what the affect of home field is in the game but those matchups do seem to provide a lot of unusual upsets which tends to upset the normal balance of power a bit.

In the real NCAA in 2019 for the MAC ... Indiana at Ball State (in-state so that can be understood and Indiana isnt a powerhouse either...) and BYU at Toledo were the best home games for MAC schools. In 2020 Cincy was to play at Miami (once again a rivalry that happens every 2 years in Oxford...) and Syracuse was supposed to play at W Michigan... that's it for Power 6 visitors to MAC schools.

The point is that some of the games that are scheduled in my association would likely never happen in real life and if home field advantage has an effect which it seems that is does, then it is affecting the associations balance. In a future version... Is there any way this can tightened up a bit? OR can we be given the opportunity to just flip the home teams if we see an issue before the season starts?
23Zone

Re: Scheduling

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:55 am

Yea, I can look into the logic around that in the next version.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion