Basic rules of football

Basic rules of football

Postby Boomer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:22 pm

I've recently purchased the college Football game and am in my third season. I have "played" every one of my games and find it surprising that you don't have the game "complete" with the 2020 college football rules. Example----I was recently playing and my quarterback dropped back and completed a pass across the middle for about 8 yards and my receiver got another 15 yds, of YAC.. Instead of a 23 yd. gain there was a "flag" on the play for "roughing the passer" which is a 15 yd. penalty. Instead of it being tacked on to the 23 yd. pass play :confused: (making a HUGE play of 38 yds.) :confused: :confused: :( ---the play was nullified and the penalty was for 15 yds. :(

Another example----RB goes for a 27 yd. gain on a pitch. There was a "flag" DEF for "neutral zone infraction". No play and 5 yd. penalty on def. At first I thought ---"ok there was a neutral zone infraction and the whistle blew" :) . I was totally satisfied until in the same game the situation changed from "2nd and 8" to "2nd and 3" for "neutral zone infraction". The whistle blew :confused: :mad: . If the ball is snapped and a penalty ensues, someone should get the choice to Accept or Decline the penalty. :confused:

As I said---- I'm into my third season! As of yet, I have not been asked if I wanted to "Accept" or "Decline" a penalty. :mad: :mad:

This is something that should easily be fixed with a download(assuming someone knows the rules). I would really like to see this resolved. After all -- this IS 2020! Or will you treat it as others do-----once the game is purchased the support ends? I'm gonna be a believer :D :D until you prove me otherwise.

Thanks,
Boomer
Boomer

Re: Basic rules of football

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 am

Will add it to the list to check on for PF21 and CF21. The game doesn't allow accept/decline at the moment... it is suppose to auto-decline obvious ones so you'll never see them in the play by play. I did revisit this in a past patch, but obviously I must have missed something.

We normally do a month of pre-access beta where folks can chime in on bugs or features they want added... then we'll do a main release... then we'll do 3-6 months of patches and updates as we identify candidates to work on. Typically we get between 5-10 updates for the game over a 6 month period. After that we tend to ramp down so we have time to focus on the next year's version.
brooks_piggott

Postby Boomer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:30 am

So you are like EVERYONE else! If I understand correctly you are saying "you'll fix it on the next issue-- So buy next year's version and see if it's fixed. In the meantime play this year's version as it is with the known errors". That's hard to swallow! May I at least get the "past patch" that you say was done?

Thanks,
Boomer
Boomer

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:51 am

Latest version is 4.0.7

viewtopic.php?f=314&t=31098
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion