Change Conferences after x amount of years

Change Conferences after x amount of years

Postby prorta » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:23 pm

I am trying to figure out how to change teams from example ACC to PAC 12 after playing more then 1 or 2 years. I figured out how to switch the teams from conference to conference, but it only works when I start a brand new game. I would like to switch teams around after playing 5 season for example. Just would like to keep things interesting. Any idea on how to this? Greatly appreciate the help.
prorta

Re: Change Conferences after x amount of years

Postby JDB » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:58 pm

I think right now, it's only possible to make small changes between seasons, usually just team for team swaps between conferences. And I don't think you can do anything with the independents, possibly because they have yearly matchups that are hard coded into their schedules. The only way to do so is to start a new save. With all the kaos happening in college football right now, I really hope that editing our conference alignments to whatever we desire without starting over, (including completely eliminating the independents if we want) will become doable in CF21.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am

If you just want to swap a single team around between conferences you can do that between seasons in the change league format page. If you want to go full custom you can with a custom teams file and a custom schedule but that requires a new league. We can look at expanding on this in CF21 but will have to see what other things are on the list to prioritize.
brooks_piggott

Postby prorta » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 pm

Awesome. Thank you for the info.
prorta

Postby drophammer » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:If you just want to swap a single team around between conferences you can do that between seasons in the change league format page. If you want to go full custom you can with a custom teams file and a custom schedule but that requires a new league. We can look at expanding on this in CF21 but will have to see what other things are on the list to prioritize.

How does one do this? I was trying to set up a sandbox league, and the teams in the swap box were grayed out. I could not choose teams to swap.
drophammer

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 am

You can only do it between seasons before the schedule gets set.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion