Standings Are Based On What? This Is Strange...

Standings Are Based On What? This Is Strange...

Postby drophammer » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:51 pm

Okay, this is strange. Here are the standings of a 16 team, 2 division conference. Notice the order of both divisions. What are these teams being sorted on? Not overall wins, not conference, not division.

drophammer

Re: Standings Are Based On What? This Is Strange...

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:13 am

conf wins, then h2h, then div wins, then overall win pct, then points for, then ranking
brooks_piggott

Postby drophammer » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:50 am

Ah, WINS, not record. Losses don't matter. Got it. That produced some strange looking standings for a bit.
drophammer

Postby bovandy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:28 pm

drophammer wrote:Ah, WINS, not record. Losses don't matter. Got it. That produced some strange looking standings for a bit.

Losses matter. Look at the conference records. That's how they would normally look. When you're talking about conference standings, the conference record is going to matter more than overall record.
bovandy

Postby drophammer » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:40 am

First of all, the conference records above are not in order. They don't make sense.
However, here is another screenshot. This time, it is pretty obvious there is something wrong. In what way does Indiana deserve to be on top?
For the record, none of these teams have played each other H2H yet.

drophammer

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:11 am

I can look at it more in the next version, my guess is that because there are zero conference games it's dropping into some odd logic and three way tie stuff.
brooks_piggott

Postby drophammer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Here's the latest view. I am not sure this is happening in any other conference except the one with the user controlled team in it (Michigan).
If this is supposed to be Division first, I would expect Ohio State to be on top in the East and Illinois in the West.
This isn't a huge deal if it sorts itself out correctly at the end, but if not, then it becomes a much bigger bug. I might redo my custom league as 12 conferences of 10 teams each if that happens, and see if the problem is Division related, or if it continues when Division is not an issue.

EDIT - I am thick headed. I just went back and reread. CONF WINS, then H2H.
drophammer

It Might Be Nice...

Postby drophammer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:44 pm

To let users choose tiebreaker order.
Personally, I would like to do DIV WINS, then CONF WINS, then TOTAL WINS, then H2H.

But that's just me being all demanding.
;)

I checked, and the standings were in the right order at the end, as well. Three way tie in the West with Minnesota having beaten the other two H2H. Michigan stayed ahead of everyone else in Conference wins in the East. Looks like Purdue is getting relegated, and maybe Indiana as well. Have to wait and see if the MAC is sending 1 or 2 teams up.
drophammer

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion