Should I Be Alarmed (Training Camp)?

Should I Be Alarmed (Training Camp)?

Postby bigc45157 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:18 am

To the Community,

I have another newb question as I dive into the game further. I'm going into season 4 and the last two Training Camps have been very negative for me. I will have 5-10 guys who increase and then the rest of my roster regresses and they do so quite noticeably. There are multiple guys with -30 development which completely nukes my already lean Miami OH roster. Am I doing something wrong? I have it set 7-4-4-10 at the bottom left. I don't do much with it other than trying to maneuver those values to try and get more positive results.

If this is just how the game works, I'm good with it, but it seems like something is off or I'm at fault in some way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
bigc45157

Re: Should I Be Alarmed (Training Camp)?

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Yea, depending on those values you could be overworking kids. May take some of the kids that lose a lot of points and put them on an easier training schedule.
brooks_piggott

Postby bigc45157 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Thank you!

I definitely think there is something like that going on. Is it common to not use all 25 training points?
bigc45157

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:38 pm

25 is the max and players sometimes regress since they don't like being worked so hard
brooks_piggott

Postby Sharkn20 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:19 pm

I only give 25 points to 90+ work ethic players, they seem happy with it.
Sharkn20

Postby bigc45157 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:20 pm

I either have a bug or completely don't understand the Training feature. I move the values up and 95% of my team regresses - I move the values down and 100% of my team regresses. I have 30+ players that are continuously having -50 or more after Training Camp. This has caused me to have had back-to-back 1-11 seasons and I don't expect that I'll get a long leash at Miami.

Is this supposed to happen? If so, how am I ever supposed to build a team at a low prestige team? This is kind of breaking the game for me, I can't advance.

** I've tried re-simming with different settings and nothing changes the absurd overall drops I'm having. I also looked at other programs and there's not one other team with more than one player at -8 or -9. **

Help. The game's broke.
bigc45157

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:56 pm

I would pull them off of the training schedule and re-apply them on new ones or the default one. Also make sure you have all of your coaches signed going into the training camps.
brooks_piggott

Postby Riot » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:47 pm

This same thing is happening to me. I've tried multiple combinations of higher and lower training intensities, rebalancing the various training categories, to no avail. I even spent a long time trying to perfect a specific training schedule for a single player (my 5* QB going into his Sophomore year), and was only barely able to raise his Arm and Hands ratings at the huge expense of speed and strength. I totally understand if a guy has a cannon and it never gets much better, but it seems strange that physical traits would drop from Freshman to Sophomore year - outside of injury I doubt many guys get weaker or slower in college.

I'm really curious if anyone has been able to at least prevent the mass decline of their roster? I can live with guys not getting much better, but it's hard when they're getting worse.
Riot

Postby cwarnc » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Keep the training close to default. I had the same issue at first when I ramped training points up to the 25 max. I started a new Dynasty and left training as is and I had a lot of gains and no play lost any points.
cwarnc

Postby MattP598 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm

22 is the number you want to use mostly for training and training camp. Once you start getting into 23 and higher you will start to see injuries and regression. Occasionally you can put a player on 23 and get away with it if they have high work ethic and endurance but I would stick to 22 for most players.
https://t.me/pump_upp
MattP598

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion