Rule Books Available

Rule Books Available

Postby Boomer » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:28 pm

I recently got frustrated AGAIN with the woefully bad way that penalties are enforced in your CF2020 game! I decided to see how hard it was for you guys to get the proper rule books for pro and college football so that you guys could correct the problems with the two football games that you market. Needless to say how much MORE IRRITATED I was when I found out how little it would cost you to put the aspect of penalties into your games CORRECTLY.
For LESS than $20 you could get BOTH the NCAA Football Rules and the Rules of the NFL (2 separate rule books)! It is my humble opinion that you guys have no excuse to NOT fix this. If not fixed, it will be shameful of you to call the games "simulations".
Don't you want to be known for making QUALITY GAMES??????????

A very disappointed customer,
Boomer
Boomer

Re: Rule Books Available

Postby francua4 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Give it a rest dude. They have already mentioned they would look into your gripes. Bitching and moaning about it is not going to solve your problem any quicker. If you’re that unhappy with the game then ask for a refund or go play another game.
francua4

Postby JDB » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Keep in mind that you can easily edit the penalties.xml file to have whatever settings you want if it is that much of an issue for you.
JDB

Postby Boomer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Obviously responses from a couple of computer "geeks" wanting to be KNOWN as a football fan and NOT real football fans! I've been down the road with issues similar to this with other games that just "got swept under the rug" and forgotten. For ANYONE that calls themselves a "real" football fan, you can't be happy with the aspect of penalties is so casually blown off!

If this is not addressed, it won't be because they "forgot"--huh?

And BTW--the rules don't need "editing"--they need to be FIXED!

I'm sorry that I've lost my cool about this. It's just that I'm passionate about the game of football and only want any representation of the game to be done correctly! I stated in one of my very early posts about this that it would be one of the "best on the market" if corrected.

I'm not trying to drag them down--I'm trying to make them better! How many of you have edited every mascot of every team to be the correct mascot of the University represented? I have!!!

I'll try my best to not post again and just wait to see if this IS addressed! I sincerely hope that it is and becomes one of the "best games on the market"!!!!
Boomer

Postby francua4 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:54 am

I didn't realize you were the governing authority for deciding who a "real football fan" was. This is so exciting because I have never been in a club before, is it hard? Will I make friends? Are their sleep overs? Can we watch your old high school football VHS' while drinking some Keystone Light and reminisce about how Al Bundy beat you out at starting RB? Or better yet lets breakdown Shane Falco's game film and discuss why Armadillo QB Paul Blake was never drafted. I look forward to your approval Commissioner of the Real Football Fans. (If you have not gotten it by now clearly I am kidding.)

As for the game you keep saying things like it was blown off.... It wasn't, they told you they would work on it in the next dev cycle which is likely going to be the NEXT college football game. I suspect the pro game was already too far along in development to address your concern. Its great that your passionate about the game, but you come off like a child who's mom said "Next time" and you're throwing a temper tantrum because you didn't get it now. Gary, Brooks, and AKH all have a fantastic track record of trying to address issues in their games so be patient.

P.S. Us computer geeks built installable real NCAA & NFL mods for the game years ago so that we wouldn't have to update teams and mascots every year. Instead of putting us non-real football fans down maybe you should reach out to the community and get help so that big strong jocks like you don't have to think so hard.
francua4

Postby drummerJ99 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am

Boomer wrote:Obviously responses from a couple of computer "geeks" wanting to be KNOWN as a football fan and NOT real football fans! I've been down the road with issues similar to this with other games that just "got swept under the rug" and forgotten. For ANYONE that calls themselves a "real" football fan, you can't be happy with the aspect of penalties is so casually blown off!

If this is not addressed, it won't be because they "forgot"--huh?

And BTW--the rules don't need "editing"--they need to be FIXED!

I'm sorry that I've lost my cool about this. It's just that I'm passionate about the game of football and only want any representation of the game to be done correctly! I stated in one of my very early posts about this that it would be one of the "best on the market" if corrected.

I'm not trying to drag them down--I'm trying to make them better! How many of you have edited every mascot of every team to be the correct mascot of the University represented? I have!!!

I'll try my best to not post again and just wait to see if this IS addressed! I sincerely hope that it is and becomes one of the "best games on the market"!!!!

Boy...your name sure is fitting. Only took two posts to call people not "real fans". Always great way to have a adult conversations.
Please give us a light skin UI option for all games. A Clone of the 2021 themes would be perfect!
drummerJ99

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am

Yea, we addressed some of it for PF21, but I only went through the rule books a bit to get the high points and most common penalties. The games are not meant to be 100% NFL or NCAA Rule Book Accurate... it's a football sim, and people use it for all sorts of leagues and different play styles. Spending hundreds of hours trying to code for every rule in the rule book is not going to happen. We'll improve things to make it more realistic like we did in the pro game, but if you're expecting perfection from the penalty system and that's your measuring stick, I'm afraid we're not going to clear that bar. If the penalty system means that much to you then other sim games out there may be more to your liking.

I'm locking this thread as I don't think there is any more to comment on. Yes the penalty system has flaws, yes we're working on it in future versions as with all requests.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion