Training Camp Problems - Massive Regression No Matter What

Training Camp Problems - Massive Regression No Matter What

Postby drophammer » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 pm

I have run several proto leagues as I got used to how things worked, and every time, my Training Camps experienced massive regression in the second year, even though the settings seemed to work fine in the first year.

I finally started a league I want to run with, but one thing I planned to do was to save it right before the 2nd year Training Camp, and experiment until I got good results, because I could not seem to get anything to work before. Well, I have tried everything. Nothing seems to work.

I did begin with a rather aggressive schedule, but right away, I decided to back that off. So now, only my incoming Freshmen are doing the hard schedule. Everyone else is UNDER 20 total points, with nothing physical over 5 points. Nothing seems to work. I get massive regression every time. I am wondering if there is something wrong in the way the schedules are assigned, and the game is still processing everyone on the aggressive schedule.

I will continue experimenting, but some help would be appreciated.
drophammer

Re: Training Camp Problems - Massive Regression No Matter Wh

Postby drophammer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

I have tried a handful of random combinations, all of them give me similar results. About 20% of my roster gets a modest bump, maybe 30% stays at 0. 50% gets some kind of regression, the worst of which is in the -30 to -35 range.

I will try a systematic approach later, going with a 2/2/2/2, then a 3/3/3/3, then a 4/4/4/4, and post the results.

Nothing seems to matter.
drophammer

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:56 pm

Are they actually regressing, or are you looking just at the training camp report results to determine? Could be the report is off in certain scenarios?

Also, coaches (or lack thereof) also has effects on things. Typically I see the largest losses in teams that don't have their coaching staff set.
brooks_piggott

Postby drophammer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:24 pm

Coaching staff is set and coaches are good. I would think that I should still see variation as I changed the schedule.

I am looking at the results, not at the individual players' numbers.

My scenario is custom - 10 conferences of 12 teams each.
drophammer

Postby drophammer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:27 pm

Okay, so this guy came out as a -31 in the report. However, when I looked up his player info, here is the before (on top) and after (on bottom).

This needs to be much more intuitive. Either the training camp report needs to show the total number of points in all stats that has increased or decreased, or it needs to show the change in the OVR. I can't see a -31 and understand that the player gained 1 in the OVR.
drophammer

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

What was he going into the season? The -31 refers to overall losses of all individual ratings (not OVR) for the entire season, in-season training and training camps. It could also be certain ratings that don't affect OVR for that particular position.
brooks_piggott

Postby drophammer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 pm

This was Training Camp between season 1 and 2. I do not know what he was at the start of season 1. Training was set to something moderate for the year. Something like 20 or 21 points.

I will watch him again as the season rolls over to season 3.

I would suggest breaking up the report to show yearly changes separate from Training Camp. Or, put a note in the report to indicate that the changes include changes from the entire year.
drophammer

Postby drophammer » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:14 am

Training Camp before season 3 was back to normal looking. Nothing negative, positives were more than 2/3 of the team. The same player from above ended up with a +2 this time.
drophammer

Postby Munster » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:22 am

I am having the same problem as the several posters on here. I'm a late-comer to this thread, and I can't tell if anyone has ever hit upon a reason or solution. Like the others, I've rerun the camp numerous different ways...my coaches are fine; my training schedules are set correctly (and never above 22), and still most of my team has regresssed badly. In fact, looking at the Association Media/Camp Results, my players occupy the top 10 greatest losses in the entire Association! If anyone has any definitive insight on this, I'd appreciate it.
Munster

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Look at the players instead of the report... could be the report is doubling or calculating incorrectly and the true gains and losses of individual ratings is normal.
brooks_piggott

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion