Some Suggestions/Ideas For CFB

Some Suggestions/Ideas For CFB

Postby drophammer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:14 am

I had some suggestions that I didn't want to forget or misplace.

Add Targeting in as a penalty. This will mean needing to have a disqualification mechanism, too. It would be interesting if Targeting was reviewed before it became a permanent call.

Give users the option of how to break ties in standings. Allow different factors to take precedence.

For bowl games, allow Playoff games - Quarterfinals (and Semifinals) - to take designated teams OR best available. It would be great to set up an 8 team playoff to take 5 conference champions and then 3 at large teams.

Other people can feel free to post suggestions/ideas. I will also add more as I think of them. Overall, I think the game is amazing fun. I would just like to help improve it, if I can.
drophammer

Re: Some Suggestions/Ideas For CFB

Postby JDB » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:34 am

I like the idea of giving users the ability to customize how teams are ranked and how the playoff teams are selected. Perhaps on the 'advanced settings' tab somewhere we could assign weights to things such as: strength of schedule; winning conference championship; win/ loss record; team prestige (could correspond to fanbase in real life); and anything else people can think of.

In addition I would also ask for more flexibility with alignment changes between seasons in existing leagues including adding teams and and having no teams as independents if we choose.
JDB

Re: Some Suggestions/Ideas For CFB

Postby drophammer » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:58 am

Make sure injuries have proper minimum lengths. I ran into a player who got an injury - fractured hip - and was listed as Probable the following week. I am not sure that is quite right.

Make the Training Camp Report more intuitive. I get players that show up in the report with a -31 as their score, but they gained 1 point in their OVR.
drophammer

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion