Forced Roster Size

Forced Roster Size

Postby ramairluvr » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm

I would like to buy the game, but one of the YouTube reviews for it showed that while recruiting, human teams were forced to carry a certain number of positions on the roster while limiting how many positions you could sign. For example, I like a faster team, so I would want more CBs than normal and fewer FBs, but the reviewer stated we were forced to sign and carry four FBs and limited on how many CBs (and other positions) we could have. I read somewhere else that this issue was supposed to be fixed with patch #3, but before I buy, I wanted to ask if it is true that this issue has been fixed for human teams?
ramairluvr

Re: Forced Roster Size

Postby ramairluvr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Credit card in hand, so...bump...
ramairluvr

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:41 pm

Feel free to download the demo and give it a shot to see how it works. I believe at this point human teams are able to exceed maxes during recruiting, but CPU teams won't.
brooks_piggott

Postby ramairluvr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Thanks, Brooks. I had thought about that, but my experience in the past is that for the demos you are limited to version X.0 and if the change was pushed out in version X.3 then the change would not be there. I truly appreciate your response, but I am hoping someone who knows for a fact if this is still "a thing" will reply.
ramairluvr

Postby ksbass » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:38 am

From my experience in 4.0.7, everybody, CPU and human can go over. I have changed jobs into teams with 10 DTs, so I don't think the limits are strictly applied anymore. It appears that the number you have at a position will diminish certain recruits' interest in you, however. Nobody wants to be DT #10 on the depth chart.
ksbass

Postby ramairluvr » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Thank you, ksbass. That is what I was hoping to hear!
ramairluvr

Postby clamel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:54 pm

At this very moment I am trying out this issue with the demo.
I understand this that probably some updates after that critic-YT broke the legs of this CF2020 when it came to recruiting and the very very important issue, that schools do NOT play the same kind of football-style. Obviously it has been corrected, at least for humans.

But would be very very happy to hear from the "Designers" if even the AI directing all the other schools got free hands in recruiting and hopefully have different styles to recruit towards, maybe even close to real teams.

Naturally I would be even more happy to know that this is fully perfect in next CF2021.
clamel

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion