Five star recruits being ingnored

Five star recruits being ingnored

Postby JDB » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:55 pm

I am about to play the last week of my regular season in my game and there is one thing that is starting to concern me. The majority of the five star recruits in my game are being totalling ingnored, no offers, no commits, nothing. I noticed that there was a known issue mentioned earlier that might be causing this. Something about recruiting and maintaining roster minimums? Anyway, I wanted to ask about what will happen if I go ahead and finish simming the season now rather than waiting until CF21 where I'm assuming the problem will be fixed? Will these five star players eventually end up signing with 'prestige appropiate' teams? Will they end up disappearing all together? Or will they unrealistically fall to lower prestige teams?
(this is the scenario I really hope does not happen).
JDB

Re: Five star recruits being ingnored

Postby JDB » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:13 pm

By the way, this is a sandbox game and I have all the teams set to auto recruit and auto scout. I am trying to be as hands off as possible with this game during the season.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:49 pm

I believe they disappear since lower ranked teams won't recruit them due to being too poor, and top teams won't be able to sign them if they already have those positions filled. The fix in CF21 will be to allow more mid-tier teams the chance to grab them and spread the wealth a bit.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 pm

I see. In the meantime is there any kind of workaround in case I don't want to lose some of these players? Can I somehow "force" them to sign somewhere? I have a few teams in this particular game that have the scholarships available and could really use some of these players.
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm

You could save off a copy of the game, then try upping their prestige just for recruiting/signing day and see if you get them signed, then reduce the prestige after recruiting completes.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 pm

That takes me back to my original question. The teams that I am expecting to see recruit these players already have the highest prestige in my game. But they aren't recruiting any of the five star players under auto-recruit, and I am already at the last week of the regular season. So are you saying they will eventually sign them at signing day with me not doing anything? Is it possible that I would have to cut a player off one of the teams if roster minimums are what's preventing it?
JDB

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 am

If they already are at max positions then most likely no, they won't sign the recruit. If they had some players leave early and a spot opened up then it would be possible.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion