Suggestion for Brooks: RE Playoffs and Bowl Matchups

Suggestion for Brooks: RE Playoffs and Bowl Matchups

Postby Vegas Vic » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:54 am

Brooks, I'm anxiously waiting the release of CF2021, and I had a suggestion for the playoff and bowl matchups.

I understand it's neither practical nor worthwhile to try and program multiple scenarios for these games. Some people want the four highest ranked teams, some want the four highest ranked conference champions. For the eight-team playoffs, some want the highest eight ranked teams, while I prefer the "Power 5" conference champions, highest ranked "Group of Five" conference champion, and highest ranked two at-large teams.

Instead of wasting your time trying to accommodate all of these different scenarios, would it be possible to leave the bowl and playoff logic "as is", but give the user the option of manually editing these matchups (the same thing you do with the schedules, allowing the user to import their own .csv file)? I don't think this would require a significant re-writing of code on your part, but as it stands now I think these bowl and playoff matchups get "locked in" after the conference championships. If the user was allowed the interim step to change this via a .csv file, I think it would give the user an opportunity to set these up as they see fit, like the custom scheduling for the regular season games.
Vegas Vic

Return to DDS: College Football 2020 General Discussion