College Mod Version 1.11 updated

College Mod Version 1.11 updated

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 pm

College Mod for DDSCB2020 version 1.11 4/28/20202
If you installed version 1.10 you can just use the update download.
YOU MUST HAVE DDSCB2020 VERSION 8.4 OR HIGHER FOR COLLEGE MOD VERSION 1.11 TO WORK!
(previous versions of the DDSCB2020 are not supported with this update)

This mod installs an entire NCAA College conversion for DDSCB2020 8.4 or higher only!
All Conferences, Teams and/or Coaches, with or without real stats are included.
All Logos and Courts included.
Updated as of 3/14/2020 for coaches style of play and ratings.

There are now 5 imports included.
00_Import-CnfTm-Default
Same as 01_Import but uses default.db ratings for Current, Historical Prestige's, Academic and Facilities. More info on this in the instructions.
01_Import-CnfTm-NS
2019-20 season conferences & teams, game generated coaches, no stats.
02_Import-CnfTmCoa-NS
2019-20 season conferences, teams and Coaches, no stats.
03_Import-CnfTm-YS
2019-20 season conferences & teams, game generated coaches, with stats.
04_Import-CnfTmCoa-YS
2019-20 season conferences, teams and Coaches, with stats.

Download, unzip and run installer. If you installed the game in the default directory of C: then just click away. If you installed in a different location then steer to the DDSCB2020 directory and install there.

Notice! your antivirus probably will flag this as a virus but I have no desire to spread that non-sense. The only way to stop it is for me to buy a certificate for the world to know I am safe. Being I do this for fun and for free, its up to you to decide if you want to install. I've been doing this for several years and hopefully you understand.

Full Mod version 20.1.12 downloads.
These assume defaulted install location, if you changed the location when you installed the game then you must do this with the installer as well. Just find the "\DDSCB2020\" folder location and then install.
Wolverine Purchased Version Link:
https://www.fireload.com/7b505d177ca11f55/DDSCB20CollegeModv20.1.12.zip

Steam Version 1.1.1
Steam Purchased Version Link:
NOTICE! If you use the Steam version of the game this installer uses the Steam default install folder, if you changed the location you must do this with the installer as well.
https://www.fireload.com/23fb69ccfe62a599/DDSCB20CollegeModv1.11Steam.zip

Release 1.11 changes and corrections:
Corrected non-working player profile jerseys for Prairie View, Siena, and Manhattan. They were appearing white instead of team colors.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 am, edited 15 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: College Mod Version 1.01

Postby blazertaz13 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:03 pm

I just want to say thank you for doing this. It makes a great game even better.
blazertaz13

Postby BigDPW » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:20 pm

Thanks for this.

Minor typo - UNC Greensboro is listed in the game erroneously as "UNC-Greenville"
BigDPW

Postby WarEagle13 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:39 pm

Thanks for the work on this...it is much appreciated!
WarEagle13

Postby jbergey » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:47 pm

These look great! Thank you!
jbergey

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks guys. Hope you have as much fun as I do with this.

Thanks Big. I recently shortened the name from North Carolina Greens. to NC Greensboro so I typed ville instead. Thanks, and nice catch, will update my file and will be in the first update as I doubt that's the only error.
You can change it in your save under the school info screen if you want a quick fix.

Also found issue with Rice logo blending in with background on sim screen. So far things I can fix by just re installing the Import files and 1 logo.
NCAAhoops

Postby MizzouRah » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:45 am

You work is nothing short of amazing, really adds so much to Gary's games!
MizzouRah

Postby BigDPW » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:13 am

NCAAhoops wrote:Thanks guys. Hope you have as much fun as I do with this.

Thanks Big. I recently shortened the name from North Carolina Greens. to NC Greensboro so I typed ville instead. Thanks, and nice catch, will update my file and will be in the first update as I doubt that's the only error.
You can change it in your save under the school info screen if you want a quick fix.

Also found issue with Rice logo blending in with background on sim screen. So far things I can fix by just re installing the Import files and 1 logo.

This mod is so awesome. It makes the experience so much more enjoyable. Thanks again for creating and managing this mod.

One other suggestion - can you change the way that NC State is referenced in the mod - It is referenced as NC State rather than North Carolina St. in our branding - I always make this change when I start a career but it would be more inline with the universities branding. Also for a shortened version most of us prefer NCSU rather than NCST but that is getting pretty nit picky.
BigDPW

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:10 am

Big, I did try North Carolina St. in version 1.00 of the mod and what I ran into is there is a limit on the sim screen as to how many letters you can put into a school name. While that name fits under normal conditions, it's if they become ranked then the game adds the ranking in front of the team name making it a few letters longer than what you have in actual team name. At that point the sim screen jumps slightly from a wrap around of the text. While I haven't narrowed down exactly how long a team name can be before adding rankings in front of them, from what I have seen its about 17 letters, thus the NC State (8 letters) as opposed to North Carolina St. which is right at the 17 letter limit before a ranking added. What I haven't had time to dive into yet (and will do soon) is if they become ranked 21st will adding the 21 cause the wrap around (screen jumping) I know ranked #8 but does not but adding that 1 more character could cause more of an issue. I will be looking into this within the next week and will post an update once I have that more nailed down. For Mod beta I was a little more conservative with names as in Game beta testing early on we complained about the screen jump. But that's why I listed this as a beta version. As I get more of a handle on what I can do I'll post updates with the goal of being pretty settled by official release around the first week of March. But please report any you feel need looked at because if I can add 1 or 2 more characters I will go back and see what I can do on those.
Right now I'm using the mod to learn the new game and probably won't even start my long time association until my mod is no longer beta and is an official release early March.

It took me every minute just get the mod ready for yesterdays release and now I'm just going back looking at how to refine things that I didn't have time to do. Another week and things should be nailed down pretty good.
Thanks again and keep posting anything you see as I will see what can be done.
NCAAhoops

Re: College Mod Version 1.02 updated

Postby markprior22 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:20 pm

Thanks so much for doing this NCAA. Adds so much to the game.
markprior22

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 Mods