College Mod Version 1.11 updated

Re: College Mod Version 1.10 updated

Postby Therealgooch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm

I'm using the Steam version.
Therealgooch

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:57 pm

I do not currently know where Steam installs the game. I will be looking into this real soon. But my guess is the mod is installed on your "C:Wolverine Studios\DDSC2020\"
The Steam version is "Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" or something close.
I would either re-install mod and look for the Steam directory of just copy everything from the "C:Wolverine Studios\DDSC2020\" to "Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" if that is where Steam installed the game.

Pretty much if you have the Steam Version and the Mod does not work then it installed in the wrong location every time this comes up.
NCAAhoops

Postby adriane586 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Awesome!!! Thank you!
adriane586

Postby Therealgooch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Thank you!! I'm going to try this out.
Therealgooch

Postby Therealgooch » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:33 pm

It finally worked!! Thank you for the help!!
Therealgooch

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Where was your Steam version located?
NCAAhoops

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:04 am

The difficulty with Steam is the fact a user can choose to install games in any drive/folder they like since Steam gives you that ability to make the determination yourself. Typically by default Steam will install in "Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/" but just not a guarantee if the user decides to install it elsewhere. And to the best of my knowledge, it's not real easy for an installation program to know where the steam game is installed since not readily available in the computer's registry or config file, especially since on Steam each game can be installed in different drives/folders, it's not a universal thing for all Steam games. That's why storing game related content files (i.e. mods, graphics, saves, configs, etc.) in a universal place like the "documents" folder is typically preferred, that way the Steam and Non-steam versions of the game can share the same content location and then there is no need to know where the game files are installed. This game doesn't do that and stores the content in the game's installation folder, which then makes the content available in multiple places and then you need different ways to install mods. Your mod's installation process is good since during the install the user has the ability to select which folder they want to install into, it's just a matter of knowing where they installed it which sometimes non-tech savy folks have difficulty knowing (understandbly).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:07 am

Thanks Slybelle. This explains all the different folder locations I get for the Steam location.
The Steam version has been a throne in the side for the installer. Everyone that posts about the Mod not working or game crashes after import mod file has been Steam users installed in the wrong location as I think they just install in the default installer location. I'm considering making a Steam version with no default install folder so they have to make a choice where to install themselves.
NCAAhoops

Postby Chris » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 am

Chris

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Chris I was going to send you a PM tonight to suggest you do that. 1.10 cleaned a lot of things up and is pretty much the final version the 2019-20 season and haven't had any issues for 4-5 days into release.
NCAAhoops

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 Mods