Convert Access Database to .DB File? (Valdarix D2/D3 Mod)

Convert Access Database to .DB File? (Valdarix D2/D3 Mod)

Postby Zeppelin462 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:02 pm

I'm looking to use the incredible mod Valarix put together for last year's game, but since this new game requires that it be in a .db file, I was wondering if anyone knew of a quick and easy resource to do so. From looking online, pay programs cost hundreds of dollars.
Zeppelin462

Re: Convert Access Database to .DB File? (Valdarix D2/D3 Mod

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:15 pm

Have you tried to contact valarix by PM and see if he's going to convert?
NCAAhoops

Postby mickey415 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:43 pm

So maybe its the current extra time at home, but I started working on this conversion. I have some programming experience so I started by assessing the 2019 file structure and comparing it to the new 2020 file structure. Then I worked on opening copies of the game databases in 2020. From there I was able to export tables (not all but just what I believe was needed) from the Valdarix D2/D3 Mod database and import them into the 2020 DB Tables.

Here are the steps taken so far, this is under /"save folder location"/app/data

1) Edited the 2020 "Conference" Table by clearing and then importing the 2019 D2 Conference Table.
2) Edited the 2020 "ConferenceRel" Table by removing the Independent conference leaving 22 conference lines, just like in the 2019 D2 table.
3) Edited the 2020 "Teams" Table by clearing and then importing 2019 D2 Team Table, this table had to be adjusted since the field sequence is different from 19 to 20. But essentially the same fields.
4) Copied over the Logos into their respective folders, comparing with 2019 and the current 2020 Division 1 mod it was pretty straightforward.

Just for the fun of it I thought I would give it a test run, I was able to go through Basic Game Setup and Association Settings, but when I went to "Accept Settings/Continue to Coach Creation" nothing happens. No error message or anything it just sits there so I not sure what would prevent the creation step. All you can do is "Cancel Association Creation", so I am looking for advice if there is another table or config setting that could prevent the coach creation?

Also I am not sure if this was similar to the what was done to create the Division 1 Mod, but any advice would be nice, thanks.
mickey415

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:05 am

Sorry had missed this post.
That's usually a mistake it the league structure, Conf, teams or could be coaches. Try using Promotion/Regulation mode and see if that works if so then its in teams to Conf structure somewhere and you know your coaches.db is good. The only way I know to narrow down you issue.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:31 am

NCAAhoops soon will be making us call him Doctor NCCAhoops. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby mickey415 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:37 am

So I opened a help ticket and Gary was able to identify that the Secondary Color field on my import db was null, thank you Gary! Once I fixed the Secondary Color field I was able to create a new association without error, but I have not simulated any seasons yet...maybe I will have the time to run multiple seasons today.

The status on this D2/D3 conversion is "in progress" with more testing being done, the good news is that I have a viable import db that looks good enough to use. All of the steps with the images was pretty similar to what was described on the 2019 mod, but I don't know how to create an install package so that might be a topic for later.
mickey415

Postby Zeppelin462 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Thank you for the updates here, mickey!
Zeppelin462

Postby adamj95 » Sat May 09, 2020 10:23 am

Any updates on this?
adamj95

Postby mickey415 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Good Afternoon,
Thus far I have simmed three seasons and I have not experienced any errors, so I think the import file I have should work. The only two issues I have seen are with the graphics,

1) For some reason when you look at a player on the team screen they have a default "FA" jersey top on them, but then when the preview is displayed for a game then they don't have any jersey top anymore. It kind of acts like it can't find the correct jersey top for the preview so it gives a null graphic image.

2) Second issue is also minor, several of the team colors need to be adjusted, on one my DB converts I adjusted the secondary color by mistake. So in game you would have to adjust several teams or if I can retrace my steps I should be able to make the changes on the import DB.

Essentially all other steps involve copying the Valdarix D2 images into the appropriate 2020 folders, which is similar to what Valdarix explained on the previous instructions. If someone wants the import file send me a message or if anyone wants to post it someplace for anyone to download let me know.
mickey415

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 Mods