Coaching Attributes

Coaching Attributes

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:41 pm

In another thread, there was talk about coaching attributes and recruiting. I am trying to flesh this out in my mind, so please bear with me.

For recruiting purposes, I want a coach with good/decent recruiting ratings. What about scouting? When you scout recruits is your recruiting assistant whose scouting rating is important or does that task fall under your scouting coordinator?

For practice coordinator, I believe that the first rating I should consider would be player development. The offensive and defensive ratings would come next.

For scouting coordinator, I would think scouting ratings would be first. Then the others would follow, I am just not sure about importance.

I am looking for some confirmation that I am looking at this correctly. I know that at smaller schools it is important to get higher ratings are the first ones listed. I am just trying to figure out how to consider the secondary rates for each position.

Thanks.
blazertaz13

Re: Coaching Attributes

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:08 pm

Gary recently posted that the evaluations of your recruits are a combination of your recruiting coach, and the scouting ability of your head coach.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Coaching Attributes

Postby blazertaz13 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:07 pm

CoachC wrote:Gary recently posted that the evaluations of your recruits are a combination of your recruiting coach, and the scouting ability of your head coach.

Thanks Coach. I was never able to figure out whose scouting rating was used. This is why I put up the question. I had to recently start over my association. I always start looking at my assistant coaches. I was trying to figure out where I need to compromise with ratings for different sections. Do you get a high recruiter, but the scouting score was a little lower. Or pick the assistant with a little lower recruiting score, but a higher scouting score. At least that is where I was headed with the above.
blazertaz13

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion