Tips for low prestige, beginning stats head coach

Tips for low prestige, beginning stats head coach

Postby Pandito24 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:46 pm

So I know this is a bit obnoxious, since the point of starting at the bottom of the ladder is that you'll struggle to show results and stuff.

But is there a way to work against the odds correctly and develop gameplans and strategies that will overcome the situations?

I'm asking for all of you experts of the game here :D
Pandito24

Re: Tips for low prestige, beginning stats head coach

Postby FSU_Nole15 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Hey buddy, welcome to the game!

It all depends on your roster and what their strengths are. I would look at all the players and see which strategy they are most comfortable with and run with it. It is going to take a while for your whole team to adapt to your playing style but stick with it. I struggled in my dynasty early on, but by the end of the season, we were running on all cylinders.

If you have any other questions, PM me
FSU_Nole15

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Yes, I agree. The more familiar with and skilled your players get with the O and D strategies you're employing in games, the fewer turnovers you'll see and overall your team will score better and play better D. And your players will gradually improve their skills as well. Some of course moreso than others...but there always are those who just don't get it and don't improve. Also, if you are using a M-2-M defense and some type of zone D, then take a look at the scouting reports and the stats on how your opponents...are they shooting a lot of 3's...and are they doing well from outside? Do they make a lot of turnovers? Do you think if you focus more on one of your defenses that it might work better against that team? Also if things aren't going well for your team in a game, don't be afraid to adjust what you're doing (speed up or slow down your O, adjust your emphasis on inside vs outside shooting, change the defensive intensity and/or full court pressure, bring in a sub you usually don't use much but who likes to shoot from outside and is pretty good at it, etc.

I generally like to play a deep bench, others here like to play 8 or 9 guys...but most here (I think) like to keep fresh legs on the floor whichever way they play it. If you let guys play til they're exhausted, they're likely to foul more, shoot worse, and give up more points.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Pandito24 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Do you think it is vital to play every game of a season? I kinda like to just let the sim run itself and play in tournaments, but I might not be right ^^
Pandito24

Postby PointGuard » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:58 pm

I'd say play it however you like. It seems as though there about as many different ways to play this game as there are DDSCB game players. :D

My personal opinion is that development of a program is enhanced by doing the recruiting and playing out the game...at least to some degree. But I'm sure others differ in their opinions. I like to get to "know" the players and their abilities/limitations and that is easier when you play things out completely. Of course, if you're trying to get through a lot of seasons as quickly as possible or are more concerned about stats or other things, simming makes sense.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Pandito24 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Hmmm. I think I'll try playing games, might show better results :D
Pandito24

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion