Now the Game has me thinking

Re: Now the Game has me thinking

Postby valley1719 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Fun thread. I'll probably find myself in a similar situation soon. I have started my coaching career at Drake (I live and coach high school basketball in the Des Moines area). My dream job is taking over the Iowa Hawkeyes and will have to consider that when it comes open as well as any other stepping stones that could help me get there and be successful.

My first year at Drake, we won the regular season MVC title. Had a pretty good scoring senior left over on the roster. Got pounded in the MVC tourney and then went 1-1 in the CIT.

My second year, we finished 2nd in the MVC during the regular season, but pulled the upset in the MVC tourney and made it to the dance. Our reward was being the #16 seed and having Arizona run all over us.

Currently in year 3 and have three really good freshmen that I'm excited about. Two are small forwards and one is a power forward. Luckily, they have some positional flexibility. Nearing conference play and my star sf is averaging about 20 per game. I have a really good pf/c coming in next year, so I plan on seeing what I can do at Drake for at least the next 3-4 years.

Question on switching jobs. Do you have to apply for them? Or does a school ever offer you the job/show interest without you applying?
valley1719

Postby Vann_the_Red » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:05 pm

When you finish a season and advance to the coach hiring phase, you'll get a list of pre-screened opportunities. To the best of my knowledge, you get whichever of those you click on.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who quasi-roleplays the game. :-) My current game saw me start at North Dakota State with eyes on Northwestern. At Missouri State now.
Vann_the_Red

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:25 am

Vann is right. Order the list so Head Coach offers come first so you don;t accidentally accept an assistant position.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Vann is right. Order the list so Head Coach offers come first so you don;t accidentally accept an assistant position.

There's a small check box you can click on to clear out all the assistant jobs.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Been playing for more than 13 years and STILL learning new things!
Wayne23

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion