Most Intriguing Conference Movement You've Seen?

Most Intriguing Conference Movement You've Seen?

Postby BigBuckeyeNut » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 pm

First off, let me say to Gary and the team that I absolutely LOVE this version of the game! It's far and away the best yet! :D

What is the strangest conference movement/realignment you have seen in your game? I just finished the second season in my game universe, and Texas Southern (!!) joined the Big 12. Needless to say, I'm excited to see if this tiny HBCU can take major college basketball by storm in the years to come, given a larger budget and more prestige.
BigBuckeyeNut

Re: Most Intriguing Conference Movement You've Seen?

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:47 pm

I don't usually allow Conference movement in my associations but Texas Southern moving to Big12 sounds like an interesting job/association. You must of had a great year to make the jump. Best of luck and keep us posted how it goes!
NCAAhoops

Postby BigBuckeyeNut » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Thanks for the reply, NCAAhoops! I am not the coach of Texas Southern, but I am intrigued to see how they will fare. Surprisingly they hadn't done anything crazy like a deep run in March; they had simply made the NCAA Tournament by winning the SWAC conference tournament.
BigBuckeyeNut

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:42 pm

THAT is a rather strange move. The game's AI made that transfer, not you through the Commissioners page, right? What's Texas Southern's Prestige? (In my most recent association TX Southern has a 23 prestige.) What's the next lowest prestige of a team in the Big 12 in your association? Texas Christian? What's the BIg 12's Conference prestige level?

What's Texas Southern's Academics rating? (In my association they are a D). What's the lowest Academics rating of another team in the BIg 12?

What's TX Southern's total budget? Do you have any idea what it was before the move (probably not since you weren't the coach for that team)?

Did a Big 12 team leave the conference? Which team? Which conference did that team go to?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 pm

I'm guessing location? I looked too and prestige wise I would think that would be a questionable move, but also thought he could be a few years in. Their Coach is a decent recruiter if you use the coaches mod, either way I would guess they will struggle and soon the coach gets fired! But the fun is if they surprise everyone.
NCAAhoops

Postby BigBuckeyeNut » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:58 am

PointGuard wrote:THAT is a rather strange move. The game's AI made that transfer, not you through the Commissioners page, right? What's Texas Southern's Prestige? ?

Correct, the game's AI made the move autonomously. TSU went an abysmal 2-28 in their first season in the Big 12, and were 0-16 in conference play. They finished the season ranked 312th in RPI. Their prestige is now a 30.

The Big 12's conference prestige is a 79. TCU, still in the conference, has a prestige of 37.

Also, I played with fictional coaches from the outset. Texas Southern had fired their coach upon promotion to the Big 12, and hired North Carolina's third assistant for the head coaching job.
BigBuckeyeNut

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:50 pm

Thanks for the info, BIgBuckeyeNut. The AI putting a team like that in the BIg 12 seems weird to me, but TX Southern's prestige at least was a little higher than I suspected it might be. Their ensuing records makes sense, though

It's a rather fun thing to follow alright.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby BigBuckeyeNut » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks PointGuard. I will update this should Texas Southern make any waves in my game's universe!
BigBuckeyeNut

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Are there now 11 teams in the conference or did KS, KS St, IA St, WV, OK, OK St, TX, TXTech, or Baylor leave and if so to what conference?

I'm rather disappointed that the AI put a prestige and academic light weight into the BIg 12 when there are some stronger teams in nearby states that could have been transferred in. But it will be interesting to see if TX Southern can recruit successfully enough to start winning in conference play and improve their low prestige level. TCU should be happy since they were the regular doormat in the conference for many many years (although the last few years they have crept up out of the cellar).
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby BigBuckeyeNut » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Correct, there are now 11 teams in the conference. No one left.
BigBuckeyeNut

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion