DDSCB 2020 HELP GUIDE

DDSCB 2020 HELP GUIDE

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:12 pm

For those who are new to DDSCB suggest you go to to HELP (available after clicking on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left of the screen in the game) and then selecting HELP GUIDE which will open the DDSCB 2020 QUICK GUIDE as a PDF. And since CB20 has changed the look of the game and the way things are done within the game so much, it's probably worthwhile for those who have played previous versions to also review this guide.

The DDSCB2020 Quick Guide gives basic guidance on:

1. The Main Menu
2. How to Create a New Association
3. Association and Team screens
4. Moving through the Season
5. Game Play
6. Loading a Saved Association
7. Exhibition Games
8. Tournament Maker
9. Multiplayer League Setup
10. Restoring a Backup

Since there is no one best way to play the game, the Guide provides you with the basics from which you can then explore the intricacies of the game and figure out how YOU want to play it and improve your skills.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: DDSCB 2020 HELP GUIDE

Postby iruleall15 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:39 am

Idk if im crazy but the Quick Guide offers no help with setting up a multiplayer league. It ends at Tournament Maker(page 9) on my end
iruleall15

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:56 am

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the most current version of DDSCB20...which is version 8.0.1. That version has the correct Quick Guide in the HELP section.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby iamjustin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:06 pm

There's no help in setting up the multiplayer league. I literally don't know what file/files I'm supposed to send to my owners. How they update after I sim anything. Nothing. I'd love to see something dealing specifically with this.
iamjustin

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Glad to see there's beginning to be interest in Multiplayer...no one has ever asked for anything related to MP in DDSCB in the past. I know parts of it (and have run a Multi-COACH association with DDSCB19, but that was MP with just myself and not with others so didn't have to set anything up online. I will check with Gary to make sure I have things right and try to develop at least the basics. Or better yet...maybe there is someone who has run a Multiplayer league in DDSPB who will provide some guidance here..that would be great.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby iamjustin » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:34 am

Yeah, Ive got a handful of guys ready to go and we are just waiting for some guidance on what to do. Like what files do I send them. After they export and I import and sim. How do they get the updated files? Ive got the FTP portion set up, and already entered them in as coaches.
iamjustin

Postby iruleall15 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:33 pm

iamjustin wrote:Yeah, Ive got a handful of guys ready to go and we are just waiting for some guidance on what to do. Like what files do I send them. After they export and I import and sim. How do they get the updated files? Ive got the FTP portion set up, and already entered them in as coaches.

Im new to getting this all done but my friend and I used dropbox(pre update version) and i found it went super smooth. No need for players to send you anything as it all syncs up with the dropbox files and the commish can just import anything from the discord if he needs to. But all coaches saves are connected to the dropbox. Heavily recommend as I use it for other multiplayer games like that that done have a server of its own.
iruleall15

Postby donlooky » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:35 pm

PointGuard wrote:Glad to see there's beginning to be interest in Multiplayer...no one has ever asked for anything related to MP in DDSCB in the past. I know parts of it (and have run a Multi-COACH association with DDSCB19, but that was MP with just myself and not with others so didn't have to set anything up online. I will check with Gary to make sure I have things right and try to develop at least the basics. Or better yet...maybe there is someone who has run a Multiplayer league in DDSPB who will provide some guidance here..that would be great.

I'm also interested in possibly starting an online college/pro leagues. So any guidance you and or Gary could pass along would be greatly appreciated.
donlooky

Postby iamjustin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm

donlooky wrote:
PointGuard wrote:Glad to see there's beginning to be interest in Multiplayer...no one has ever asked for anything related to MP in DDSCB in the past. I know parts of it (and have run a Multi-COACH association with DDSCB19, but that was MP with just myself and not with others so didn't have to set anything up online. I will check with Gary to make sure I have things right and try to develop at least the basics. Or better yet...maybe there is someone who has run a Multiplayer league in DDSPB who will provide some guidance here..that would be great.

I'm also interested in possibly starting an online college/pro leagues. So any guidance you and or Gary could pass along would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be glad to help. I've just started one up in the cfa-football.com universe
iamjustin

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion