best way to play the same game on two computers

best way to play the same game on two computers

Postby zzzz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:21 pm

have a desktop and laptop at home (on the same network) that I wanna install the game, and I want to play the same save game on both (the ability to sync between two.) What is the best way to do that?

I could think of putting the savegame file (if that is the only file that I need) on onedrive and have the game access that location (is it even possible?) instead of the typical save location. If that's even possible, do I need to put any other associated files (eg. the mod file that I installed) on that same location?
zzzz

Re: best way to play the same game on two computers

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:32 pm

The game and its supporting files (i.e. save files, graphics, etc.) need to be stored in the same place, you can't separate them. You can't identify a separate location for save files and graphics, hard coded to go into certain spot.

Therefore, if your goal is to share the save mods/save files, really only few options unless I am missing more....

Backup the game directory (at least the folders with graphics and saves) and copy back and forth between the two computers (or across your network on shared drive). Although pretty much a pain.....

Install the entire game on an external drive or thumb drive that is large enough. Share the drive. Performance may not be that great depending on the drive type.

If your on a home network like you state, does both of your computers have access to a shared drive? If so, probably the easiest is to install on that and then can play from both.

Although one thing that I am not sure of is how the copy protection scheme works and whether that would limit how this game is installed and shared.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: best way to play the same game on two computers

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:04 pm

If I were playing it on 2 computers, after I complete playing and saving on one computer, I'd copy the association folder and .cbb file to a thumb drive, and then go to the other computer and copy that latest save to the Wolverine Studios/DDSCB2020/app/disk/saves folder. Then open and play it on that second computer...when done do the same thing to move the latest updated save to the first computer.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion