Recruiting Wishlist for Future Games / Patches

Recruiting Wishlist for Future Games / Patches

Postby sin44 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:54 am

Just want to send a huge thank you to Gary and the team who worked on this game. I am having a great time.

Had a few Wishlist or suggestions for future patches or games:

- De-commitments - Michigan had a commitment from Jalen Wison and after coach John Beilien left to coach the Cleveland Cavs, Jalen Wilson de-committed, opened his recruitment back up and ended up at Kansas. Maybe if a coach takes another job or is fired, there is a chance the recruit opens his options back up.

- Overseas - Top Prospect RJ Hampton is a good example or this, who chose to play overseas instead of going to Duke.

- It would it dynamic if the recruits had a commitment loyalty rating. The way the current system works, as soon as they commit I can ignore them and they will automatically sign their LOI. It would be more engaging if you still had to work and contact him.

- It would be awesome if there were different kinds of recruits. Every recruit is different. Some like constant contact and love shown by the coaches, some hate the process and don't want to be badgered by coaches.

- Introducing a Twitter interface tab, tweeting the latest on how recruits are performing during a season or when they are cutting their lists down to a Top 5. Also if there is a commitment loyalty bar created, if that bar starts to decrease, maybe basketball insiders can tweet that the commit is wavering in his commitment

- Building off the idea of Twitter, most recruits now a days announce a top 5 on twitter or announce their commitment. It would be awesome instead of getting an email letting us know the recruits decision, maybe an email with a link saying that a commit you are in contact with has announced his decision. That link would lead to that recruits twitter feed or post showing "Proud to Announce I am 110% committed to

-Instant commits – there is a chance that if I’m in the Top 3 on a recruits list and I offer a scholarship he might commit. I would have to work throughout the season to keep his commitment and fend off other schools, negative recruiting.
-Introducing the loyalty commitment meter. The way the current system works, once a commit signs I can forget about him and he will sign his LOI automatically. This meter would make it more dynamic and force me to continue showing that recruit attention.

-Negative Recruiting is part of recruiting. There should be an option to negative recruit another coach or school. Some recruits are receptive and some get turned off when you do this. Saying things like “That coach is headed to the NBA next year” or “He might be fired and won’t be there when you get on campus” or “Look at their roster, you won’t play right away”. This would impact the loyalty meter for some recruits

-Recruits with Injury History, maybe they broke their leg Junior year and are rated lower. Then start tearing it up their senior year and rise in the recruiting.

-Introducing busts and gems. Having some higher rated recruits have a hidden bust or gems in a small percentage of recruits. Lets say I sign a 2 star or 3 star with a high work ethic. Chance he actually blows up and is one of the top NCAA players. Same with signing lets say the #2 recruit, maybe he has a bust tag and has off the court issues or injury issues or isn’t a team player.

-Recruits childhood favorite schools could be displayed on their recruiting page. That could tie into instant commits or as an example if a recruit commits to another school first and you miss on your main targets and later in the process you decide to offer, that recruit has a chance to have their loyalty recruiting meter dip for the committed school and have them de-commit and reopen their recruitment to give you a stronger look

-Introducing Brands like Nike, Adiddas, Under Amour, Jordan to the game. The AD of a school might email or call you and say “We have decided to sign a deal with Nike for our uniforms and shoes”. You may or may not get input on what a school chooses (maybe this depends on how respected you are). This would tie into recruiting as some brands steer top recruits towards certain schools and away from other schools. You could also tie this in with Illegal recruiting where you can give the recruit as an example “Nike Gear” when they visit campus or have the “Nike” rep offer them under the table money to go to your school.

-Recruiting weekend where you can host several recruits, depending on who those recruits are could add a bonus. As an example if you get a commit for a lower recruit but he’s a teammate of a higher recruit, that could positively impact the higher recruit. Also if you host two PG’s in the same weekend that would negatively impact recruits as someone of the same position would be there.
-Official Visits expanded. A recruit can only take 5 official visits and you need to work to secure one of those visits. There are scenarios where the recruit comes with just his Mother, because his Dad had to work. There is a scenario where both parents couldn’t make it and that doesn’t give as much of a (depending on how much the parents factory into a recruits decision). Maybe there is a screen where the recruit asks you indepth questions about how you will use him, you can make promises to the recruit that track to the next season, like “I promise you will start next year” or “We will win conference or make the NCAA sweet 16”. If you break the promises the recruit may transfer or your integrity will take a hit.

-New hire of a coach adds a bonus to recruiting (temporarily). As an example look at Penny Hardaway at Memphis or Juwan Howard at Michigan who both signed top 5 classes the first year at a school. (This maybe is dynamic depending on on-court performance, other top recruits committing to you etc.). If I have a good recruiting rating and I take a new job, it should add bonus interest to recruiting

While I realize not all of these ideas can be implemented due to coding or right away, I thought it would be fun to think about new ways to continue to improve the recruiting dynamic of the game.

Looking forward to hearing others ideas and suggestions as well.
sin44

Re: Recruiting Wishlist for Future Games / Patches

Postby sin44 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:30 am

Forgot to add one more I thought of:

- Local recruiting prospects can show up to home games or to your campus unannounced. This could help or hurt depending on if you win the game or don’t make time to meet him. Let’s say he wants to tour the facilities but you don’t have enough time or action points. As an example if I’m UCLA and a recruit is from Los Angeles he could dynamically interact. This would put more emphasis on certain dynamic goals like winning rivalry games bc a top recruit is in attendance.

- Expanding illegal regarding, maybe a small percentage of top recruits initiate illegal recruiting. Maybe on an in-home visit the recruit says “if you want me to sign, you’ll need to give me 50,000 reasons” or they ask for special benefits like a car. The main point is that they initiate the illegal recruiting. And depending on your integrity you accept. Maybe also there can be boosters that approach you and offer to help boost your funding war chest. So the school would give you your budget, but you may be approached by a booster who says “I’ll give you an extra $500,000 if you allow something” or “I own a car deal ship and can give your players cars”.
sin44

Postby alternativestats » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:39 pm

I like a lot of those ideas but my main recruit wish list is the one I have mentioned before and would love to see implemented some day.

I would like to see the ability to recruit multiple years. Ideally this would go all the way back to Freshman year, but it would be a huge improvement just to get the ability to watch game film and add high school juniors to your call and watch lists.

This might allow small schools to get in early on a local talent and make them more likely to stay home rather than leaving for a bigger program.

I love the improvements made to this years version of the game. Keep up the great work everybody
alternativestats

Postby sin44 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:48 am

Reviving this wishlist!
sin44

Postby WarEagle13 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:54 am

These are all great ideas....really love the one about recruiting earlier in the years of a recruit (ie sophomore and junior years of HS, etc...)
WarEagle13

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:07 am

Nice list sin44, I like all of these but especially Negative recruiting and having a recruit already be a fan of your team. I think that kind of happens with in state now but should have a low percentage of others around the country.
Many on this list would be nice going forward in future versions.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:43 pm

I had already added things to the list previously.

Some of the 250+ suggestions have been incorporated into the CB2021 we are beta testing now. Gary's trying to finish cleaning up CB21 to get it out for First Access soon. So MY suggestion (LOL) is if you really have something that you feel absolutely needs to be incorporated, but wasn't, then create a thread within the Forum Gary will make for CB21 First Access and make your case (make it a strong one) once you begin testing things in the First Access phase.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion