Conference Settings

Conference Settings

Postby SweetSwish » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Ok, maybe I'm just blind and not seeing it, but in previous games i think there was an option to edit conferences and their scheduling/tournament formats when creating a league. Where can I find how to do that now? The 20-game season is kind of a big draw to this version in particular, so it would be nice to know how that's done.
SweetSwish

Re: Conference Settings

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 pm

Everything edit wise right now is just done through external database editing
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby SweetSwish » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks Gary! Are there any resources out there that list valid values for the database fields? A lot of the fields are fairly self explanatory but it's difficult to figure out the ConfType and TourneyType codes in the Conference Table. All I can gather is the number represents the number of teams in the conference/tournament and the letter represents an option for the number of games/bracket layout based on the number of teams. I've searched the forums and the FAQ page but can't seem to find it.

I'm also assuming that the database code is in the base game and the real teams mod is simply composed of imports rather than a direct modification to the game's code. If database functionality is added by the mod then I might need to ask the mod author about this.
SweetSwish

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18 pm

I can provide you items you may not understand or you might want to ping NCAAHoops on that since I gave him all the data needed to create his mod (he might reply quicker)

Not sure I follow on your latter question but I will take a stab at it - you can modify either the base database if you want permanent changes or create a mod by taking NCAAHoops' mod and altering it for your own purposes
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion