Question about Transfers

Question about Transfers

Postby C-Bailey24 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:17 am

I just had a player transfer and i'm a little curious as to why. He started every game at Center, was my leading scorer and rebounder, won CUSA Player of The Year, CUSA Freshmen of The Year and All-Conference First Team. We won 24 games and lost in the 2nd Round of the NCAA Tourney. I never got one email ALL year about any fighting or arguing on my team involving this player. Matter of fact there were no fighting/arguing emails for this period. I did notice halfway through the year that his Coach Relationship bar was still RED but figured it would be Yellow by season's end. Any theories why this might have happened?
C-Bailey24

Re: Question about Transfers

Postby CoachC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 am

Sometimes a player just doesn't meld for some reason. I had a player transfer at the start of the season, which I was expecting, because his relationship with the team never got higher than 4. There were no incidents involving him, nothing to call him about. He just wasn't a very likeable guy apparently, even though he got along fine with the coaching staff. He was a starter and significant contributor, but another freshman was getting all the conference accolades, & won Frosh of the year, so maybe he was just jealous. Who knows? He was also a 5 star recruit so perhaps he expected to be the BMOC. Sometimes players aren't happy for reasons of their own that you just can't fix. Maybe he's homesick, maybe he's in love, maybe he hates the dorm food.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Question about Transfers

Postby Phatman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:23 am

That’s what I like about the game. It is a realistic part of being a coach
Phatman

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion