College Mod Version 1.10 updated for DDSCB2020 v8.4 and up

Re: College Mod Version 1.10 updated for DDSCB2020 v8.4 and

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Thanks Slybelle.
Yes guys I have made a installer for Steam with the default directory to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" As that's what i see as the default. But sent it out to two people that complained here to try, one never got back to me, the other said it did not work only to find he installed the Steam version in a different location so the installer was never was posted. There does not appear to be a Registry entry for Steam location as I looked for that for hours last night.
So I don't know what else to do but either make an install with no location and you need to find it yourself using Slybelles method or use the above default (If you do not change Steams default) and hope for the best that people will know they did change the install location and find it themselves. I mean if you look at the link in the mods section it says just above the link if you use Steam you will need to find your location.

The reason I'm trying to clarify this is every Mod doesn't work complaint or my game crashes using the mod has been Steam users not installing properly. You need to know where you installed the game, either Steam default location or an alternate location you choose yourself. I have found no way for me to know if Steam does not enter it into the registry.

For the guys having trouble follow Slybelle's instructions or copy the files to that location by hand.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Added a Steam mod download version in the Mods section. Same Mod post just scroll down to find it.
It defaults to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" to make it easier for Steam default installs.
If you install in a different location then use Slybelle's post above method to find where you need to install. (Thanks for this)

Hope this helps with Steam install issues.
NCAAhoops

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:34 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:Thanks Slybelle.
Yes guys I have made a installer for Steam with the default directory to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" As that's what i see as the default. But sent it out to two people that complained here to try, one never got back to me, the other said it did not work only to find he installed the Steam version in a different location so the installer was never was posted. There does not appear to be a Registry entry for Steam location as I looked for that for hours last night.
So I don't know what else to do but either make an install with no location and you need to find it yourself using Slybelles method or use the above default (If you do not change Steams default) and hope for the best that people will know they did change the install location and find it themselves. I mean if you look at the link in the mods section it says just above the link if you use Steam you will need to find your location.

The reason I'm trying to clarify this is every Mod doesn't work complaint or my game crashes using the mod has been Steam users not installing properly. You need to know where you installed the game, either Steam default location or an alternate location you choose yourself. I have found no way for me to know if Steam does not enter it into the registry.

For the guys having trouble follow Slybelle's instructions or copy the files to that location by hand.

Steam does not use Windows registry for storing custom library folder locations, it actually uses the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\libraryfolders.vcf (also stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\config.vdf). It is a text file and can be read by text using a text editor. If you have a custom library folder setup, it will contain a path to it.

For example, I setup a custom steam library folder for d:\SteampApps (to use my d: drive).

Within the libraryfolders.vcf file, you'll find a line like the following.

"1" "D:\\SteamApps"

Within the config.vdf file, you'll find a line like the following.

"BaseInstallFolder_1" "D:\\SteamApps"

Unfortunately, that still is not enough information to find the specific library folder where the basketball game is installed. But what you could do is read all the library folders from the config files and then just do a check if the "Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" folder exists within it since it can only exist in one place. So it will either be in the standard default location or one of the custom library folders. For example, you can check to see if "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" exists or "d:\SteamApps\Draft Day Sports College Basketball 2020" exists. Wherever your code finds it, then you now have the user's install location. Of course to do this you would need to be using a custom install program that allows you write a little code to do all this checking. In the end, probably not worth it and the user should just figure out where they installed it:)
slybelle1
Elite Member

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion