Relationships / Moods

Relationships / Moods

Postby sesurb » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:29 am

How do you guys handle player relationships. This is an aspect of the game I am not really dealing with and I am not sure how. I haven't really called players unless I need to yell at them. Maybe I should be calling them more, not sure when I should suspend either. I would love some insights you guys have.
sesurb

Re: Relationships / Moods

Postby CoachC » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:52 pm

This partly depends on your discipline rating as a coach. If your coach is high discipline, players are going to expect you to not let most things slide. A low discipline coach should only attend to more serious incidents. My coaches are usually rated high, and I call about most incidents. I tend to give a player several chances on the phone to agree to change before suspending them. The more trouble they've been causing, and the more serious the incident, the shorter leash they get.

If a guy is generally unhappy, there's not a lot you can do to change their mood. If they are unhappy about playing time, you can try giving them more, but only if they deserve it. Sometimes it's simply not clear why they are unhappy, and there's not much you can do about it.
CoachC
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby TheCuseIsInTheHouse » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:58 pm

How does it effect team performance? I've got a turd but he's my best guy. In real life I'd probably cut him but not sure if his **** attitude rubs off on the rest of the team in virtual life.
TheCuseIsInTheHouse

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:50 am

You will get email notifications if the guy is causing problems with his teammates - you will also see the happiness level of the team drop. If those things aren't happening then you're ok for the time being. If those things are happening you can use the phone to address the player about his attitude - it might make things better or he might blow you off and keep causing problems and then you might have to cut him or he might transfer out as well
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion