Recruits losing interest

Recruits losing interest

Postby FrequencyEP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:07 am

I have a prospect who through the summer says i am their first choice, I have them on my call and watch list, i have called them to pitch all the areas so i know what they like, and then when the first contact period comes around i vanish off their top 10 list. Is this normal and how do I counteract it?
FrequencyEP

Re: Recruits losing interest

Postby CheshireCat303 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Well, do they like what your school/team has to offer?
CheshireCat303

Postby FrequencyEP » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:55 pm

CheshireCat303 wrote:Well, do they like what your school/team has to offer?

yeah I am playing as Kansas so anyone interested in school prestige or facilities should be interested.
FrequencyEP

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:21 pm

The recruit also could just be getting more interested in other schools. It's sort of natural for recruits to think they want to go to the big schools right off the bat but as they get to know more about other schools through recruiting they change their mind.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Or possibly it was the tornado that went thru Lawrence when they visited your school that scared them off. :p
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby FrequencyEP » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Is there anything i can do to keep prospects interested? for example would having fewer prospects on my recruit list make it so they stay more interested in my school since my coaches would presumably have more time to talk to them? I've looked for recruiting tips but not really found much. Thanks
FrequencyEP

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:50 pm

There are tips sprinkled throughout a bunch of different threads for DDSCB20 and also previous versions of DDSCB. Some are good, some aren't. I think the reason that its not all collated, is that most people prefer to develop their own recruiting style/actions. There is no "one way" that is best to do it. And it's different for schools with different levels of prestige, different states/regions, different budgets, different numbers of scholarships that are available to be offered, different skill levels of the head and assistant coaches, etc. And as you continue to play the game, you will determine what works best for you. I think that the variety of recruiting situations (and recruiting being more of an "art" than a "science") is what makes recruiting one of the best parts of DDSCB. I've found that continually having to "try things" in recruiting and see what works and what doesn't (and then adjust what I do based on the results that I get) makes the game fun and a continuing challenge.

With regard to the number of recruits on your watch/call list, I like to have a large number of recruits on it, but others prefer having far fewer....and either philosophy can and does work.

But rest assured: if you are coaching Kansas, you will land your share of good recruits.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion