Season Goal Confusion

Season Goal Confusion

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:06 am

One of my season goals was to sign a 4 Star recruit. I'm at the end of the season and my 3 signed recruits are all ranked in the Top 100 according to WSSN and the National Magazine Report. 2 are inside the Top 50 yet my end of season email says i FAILED at signing a 4 Star recruit. Am i missing something?
C-Bailey24

Re: Season Goal Confusion

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Can you submit the game files so I can look?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby C-Bailey24 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Can you submit the game files so I can look?

I already simmed ahead. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Took screenshots just don't know how to post them
C-Bailey24

Postby sesurb » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:14 am

I have had this happen a couple times as well. Once to sing a 4 star and once to sign a 5 star, both were done but said it failed.
sesurb

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Bumping this because I've failed the sign a 4 star recruit goal twice in the last two seasons despite signing high 4 stars players each time. This is unfortunately making my team prestige be lower that what it should be.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 24, 2020 2:24 pm

As far as I know, the signing of recruits (regardless of their star level) doesn't affect team prestige. That's related to how well your team does, and if it gets to the NCAA tournament, how far it progresses in that tournament.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:31 pm

PointGuard wrote:As far as I know, the signing of recruits (regardless of their star level) doesn't affect team prestige. That's related to how well your team does, and if it gets to the NCAA tournament, how far it progresses in that tournament.

I see what you're saying, the failed goal is just about job security, so if I'm passing the the other goals then that bug isn't going to be that big of a deal. Thanks for reminding me of that.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 24, 2020 4:29 pm

As far as it being a bug, you really do need to submit a Support Ticket with your game files as soon as you see it recur. Otherwise, there is no way it will be corrected.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby LSUTigerJosh » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:42 pm

i had one that wanted me to sign a 5 star recruit when I had no schollies to give out lol
LSUTigerJosh

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:52 pm

LSUTigerJosh wrote:i had one that wanted me to sign a 5 star recruit when I had no schollies to give out lol

Hmm..maybe when setting goals the program isn't looking at the number of scholarships that need to be filled. These are the types of things that are good to report to Gary via a Support Ticket when you observe them. That way he can look at your association and see what caused the issue.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion