Recruiting Issues/Questions

Recruiting Issues/Questions

Postby daniel » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Sorry if this is long-winded but I wanted to toss these recruiting issues out there to see if I'm looking at anomalies or if there is (likely) something I'm missing. I just started the game after simulating several seasons to build up an association history. On my first couple of practice stabs at recruiting at a mid-prestige school, I'm getting some odd results.
1) When I first arrive on the recruiting screen, my entire 50 person Watch List is already populated. I had to go through and remove most of those in order to select others. Not a deal breaker once I realize what's going on, but it seems a bit too "helpful" to me.
2) My Watch List then seems to evolve without any action on my part. Kids get dropped, new kids get added. Again, without any input from me. I can drop and add kids myself, but the game seems to do it as well.
3) I indicate that I want to host a particular recruit for a visit and I get the pop-up that says, "We will host Johnny for a visit." However, in some but not all cases, that recruit isn't hosted and, instead, some other recruit on my Watch List that I didn't select to host is hosted. There is no indication that I can see that the recruit refused to come. Even if that were the case, I don't see why the game would simply offer that visit to someone else that I didn't select, with no warning or indication to me of what's happening.
4) On the subject of feedback, I receive no feedback on any recruit visit. In previous games, you at least got an email stating whether the recruit thought the visit was awesome, was impressed, unimpressed, didn't like it, etc. - some indication of whether this guy might be worth continuing to invest time in. In this game, I get no feedback at all, unless that feedback is to come through some other means that I am unaware of (possibly the recruiting assistant coach?).
5) Also relative to feedback, my staff obviously makes weekly calls to everyone on my Call list. However, again, I get no feedback at all from these calls.
6) I never get any indication of skill levels of any recruits. I have the Midwest Gold Star recruiting report. I host recruits, call recruits, look at film, attend camps. Yet the Skill Rating section of every recruit card consistently shows, "Ratings not scouted", or something to that effect. Similarly, when I switch to "Show Ratings" on the main screen (rather than "Show Bio"), all ratings are blank. Again, I should see something at some point about the relative skills of the recruit, otherwise I'm just recruiting on rankings.
7) I have checked to see if I have the CPU handling things, such that I might not see or control certain things, and this is not the case.

As an aside, I also cannot see any skill levels or ratings of my own players. This leads me to believe that there is some glitch somewhere between the database and the game, such that certain information about players is not passed back and forth. Though, I have no idea if that's the case. I am using the last NCAAhoops mod with no beginning stats and game-generated coaches and have had no problems simulating games or problems with graphics. Again, no idea if this mod is causing these issues. Any thoughts? Thanks.
daniel

Re: Recruiting Issues/Questions

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:44 pm

At first I thought you must have "CPU Manage Offseason/Recruiting" check marked in the GAME OPTIONS section due to what you mention in #1,2 and 3...but then you say it's not. And then you mention you also have no ratings for your players. #1,2,3,6 and 7 seem really strange as if something is messed with your game. Sooo...maybe try uninstalling the game and redownloading and reinstalling it???

Re #4--CB20 still provides email feedback on campus visits and home visits.
Re #5--CB20 is the same as previous versions...the feedback comes in the form of occasional notes in the recruit card and sometimes additions re interests and parents.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Recruiting Issues/Questions

Postby daniel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Thanks, PG, for your response. I corresponded with Support and believe there are 2 issues going. The first issue has to do with a disconnect between the real world mod and an earlier iteration of the game where ratings were not showing up. I reinstalled and started a new association, with version 8.8 and the real world mod, and can see ratings just fine. The second issue is more curious and has to do with applying for an assistant job but being given the Head Coach job instead. This seems like it's creating a situation where the Game thinks I'm an assistant and is handling recruiting as if I were an assistant (which is what I applied for), even though the Game gave me the Head Coach job. That may not be entirely accurate, but it would explain the unusual recruiting behavior. In any event, I have passed info along to Support and think I can get around both of these issues by just starting over.
Thanks, again.
daniel

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion