Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby TheSpydyr » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:50 pm

PointGuard wrote:Thanks, Spydyr! That's one I never knew about.

No problem, glad to help where I can!
TheSpydyr

Postby genie2369 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 am

Multiplayer league being able to recast your games after the commissioner has already simmed the games. So you can actually watch the pbp call in 2D form.
genie2369

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Good one..it's been added.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Rizzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:35 am

When recruiting, if I click on a player’s name to bring up his player card, adding the recruit’a star rating would be a nice addition. There’s plenty of space on the screen for it too.
Rizzo

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 pm

Addedl
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby bigc45157 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm

PG, thanks for taking the time to synthesize all of these notes and put them into a direct list that Gary can work from. I have a couple of ideas that are very specific, but to me will help achieve more realism. I hope I can do them justice with the way I explain them.

1. Make it more likely that top 15 rated freshman declare for the draft.

I must preface this by saying I’m a UK fan, but I’ve had top 10 guys who started all year and perform well return to school in the game. To me, this is happening less and less in the current landscape of college basketball. While I love
Their return as a coach and fan, I know at top tier schools these guys aren’t returning like they used to. I think a higher frequency of one and dones is critical to ultimate realism.

2. Create a recruiting pitch that deals with wanting to become a pro player/one and done.

I believe a lot of top tier recruits are looking for ways to streamline their college careers and many of them are looking for the best opportunity to do this with their college choice. I believe making this known in the recruiting process would alert coaches to a players intentions and would add another layer where producing pros can help you sign top tier recruits.

3. Slider that determines the frequency with which players leave school early.

I don’t know if a slider is the best way to incorporate this, but I think adding a way to increase the amount of guys that leave for the draft in general is critical. In today’s world we have guys leaving for the nba, European leagues and now skipping for the G League. While this isn’t fun to deal with as college b-ball fans, it’s a reality. Look at the numbers of how many kids left college early Over the last 3-4 years and how many of them were ‘poor’ decisions. While it makes developing a team difficult, it’s a real issue that coaches have to deal with. Maybe players can have a rating of how much they want to leave for the pros that you have to take into account when building your future team?

I hope those make sense. Again, these are problems I’m all too familiar with in being a diehard UK fam. While they’re not appeasing to fans, it’s a real life situation that I think should be mirrored in a game with this much depth and realism.
bigc45157

Postby PointGuard » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 pm

Interesting suggestions...they've been added.

We now have 173 suggestions to drive Gary crazy when he sees and reads through the list. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby bigc45157 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:43 am

173... wowza!

I think it’s just a sign of how passionate this community is and how much they trust Gary to at least take a look at what we’re thinking.
bigc45157

Postby 23Zone » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Kind of piggy backing off of a previous poster about '1 and done' players. I would like to see an option to make it not '1 and done' but '2 and done' or '3 and done'. Is there a possibility we could get an option to say how many years players have to stay in school before going pro?

I enjoy players leaving early to turn over the rosters and introduce new stars but it seems to actually hurt the game a bit. I also just think I might enjoy players staying at least 2 years but not 4... even though that is not the real NCAA rule. It would give a bit more continuity to the association. What I have noticed is that after a few seasons sometimes those power schools that lose players early tend to have a lot of walk-ons due to their roster turnover and recruiting. It seems weird to see Duke starting 2 walk-ons and 3 top twenty recruit freshman. They still might win their share but its odd and it does cause some balance issues eventually if recruiting doesn't go their way for a year or 2.
23Zone

Postby jppierre1113 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi,

I'm a very avid user of this game and just have two quick suggestions:

1. Make a third simulation speed that is in between the fast and slow simulation speed. Ideally, this would show the result for one to two seconds then proceed to showing the next result. The slow simulation speed is way too slow (10 seconds per result) and the fast simulation speed is way too fast (can't even read the result).

2. Show the NET rankings in a sortable matrix alongside RPI.

Thanks for making such a fun and customizable game!
JP
jppierre1113

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion