Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 04, 2020 2:15 pm

I've begun maintaining a list of suggestions to provide to Gary when he begins to work on CB2021. I've included the changes from the previous list that weren't done for CB2020 and also a few that have already arisen here in various threads.

But to make sure your request doesn't get missed, please make your suggestion in this thread and I will add it to the growing list.

If you can, while being clear as to what you want, please make it as succinct as possible.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 pm

1. Have drop down lists in order from highest to lowest or best to worst rather than the opposite, which is what we have now.
2. Change that awful font used for GPA on Dashboard and in other places. It is impossible to distinguish between 2 and 3. And it's hard to read in general.
3. Love the Insights feature but on Team vs. Opponent make the numbers bigger in the roll over under PPG, RBs, ...
Wayne23

Postby adamj95 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:16 pm

1. Grad transfers that have immediate eligibility and also the option to have transfers appeal for immediate eligibility.
2. Be able to “retire” as head coach and continue coaching in the association as a new coach.
3. Be able to redshirt a player if they get injured during the season.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 04, 2020 4:41 pm

Ok, added those...
'
Wayne, re your #1: you can reverse the order in the various tables and listings by clicking on the heading of the various columns....you want something more? And as far as drop down lists, not sure which ones aren't working the way you'd like...if there's a long list, most are alphabetical from A>Z or the list is short enough for all listings to show.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ezcar » Mon May 04, 2020 7:14 pm

1. Have assistant coaches make in game suggestions with game play and/or subbing.
2. In 2 D game play a player just runs off of the screen randomly at times.
3. Possibly add recruiting option to recruit Jr's to possible to a jump on some teams.
ezcar

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:28 pm

PointGuard wrote:Ok, added those...
'
Wayne, re your #1: you can reverse the order in the various tables and listings by clicking on the heading of the various columns....you want something more? And as far as drop down lists, not sure which ones aren't working the way you'd like...if there's a long list, most are alphabetical from A>Z or the list is short enough for all listings to show.

I shouldn't need to reverse them. It makes no sense to start with 0.0.

Ah, which reminds me, 4. Alphabetical by first name on dashboard, Roster, depth... is useless.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 04, 2020 10:03 pm

OK, added those two.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby alternativestats » Wed May 06, 2020 1:03 am

ezcar wrote:1. Have assistant coaches make in game suggestions with game play and/or subbing.
3. Possibly add recruiting option to recruit Jr's to possible to a jump on some teams.

Re: #1) I like the idea of potentially implementing a soccer style rating system for each player which updates as the game progresses.

Re #3) I think this would work best as an option allowing you to add a junior to your call list, increasing their interest in your program over time and allowing a smaller school to have a better shot at homegrown prospects.

Other recruiting improvements I would enjoy seeing

1) Adjust recruiting regions by distance from school. Rather than a blanket bonus to in-state players. For example, if I play as Southern Illinois - Edwardsville... St. Louis is more local than Chicago, even though it's in a neighboring state.

2) Implement city pipelines. Along the same logic, a coach might want to try to build a pipeline to a specific city, that wouldn't necessarily mean a benefit from the rest of the state.

3) Established pipelines should be attached to the coach. If I establish a pipeline and then change schools, I still would be known in that pipeline area.
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Wed May 06, 2020 2:38 am

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Wed May 06, 2020 11:24 am

1. More preseason tournaments or the ability to add more to the season.

2. Consolation games for preseason tournaments.

3. Ability to have up to 3 non conference rivals.

4. Conf vs Conf showdowns

5. Big schools being more balanced with scoring distributions. Leading scorers in the NCAA are usually from small schools and mid majors as the top players on those teams are usually relied on more.

6. Coaches having a preferred main offense & main defense and freelance %

7. AI Coach’s preferred strategy effecting type of recruits targeted.
Coaches should prefer someone who have some knowledge of the offense/defense sets it likes to use. But should still recruit outside of those preferences.

8. Medical redshirting

9. Players retracting verbal commitments

10. High School All American Game Slam Dunk contest or NCAA CollegeSlam & 3 Point Contest.
SirMichaelJordan

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion