Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:24 pm

PointGuard wrote:If you prefer transfer players, just don't fill all your scholarship openings during recruiting and then you'll be able to go after transfer players in early June.

I suppose I could do that, but I shouldn't have to do that. If I'm recruiting transfer players on June 5th for say the 2022 season, it should use the same scholarship pool as the June 25th scholarships for the 2022 season. If they were grad transfers (which I know aren't supported in this game), they would play immediately (2021 season).
Orsalak

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Orsalak wrote:
PointGuard wrote:If you prefer transfer players, just don't fill all your scholarship openings during recruiting and then you'll be able to go after transfer players in early June.

I suppose I could do that, but I shouldn't have to do that. If I'm recruiting transfer players on June 5th for say the 2022 season, it should use the same scholarship pool as the June 25th scholarships for the 2022 season. If they were grad transfers (which I know aren't supported in this game), they would play immediately (2021 season).

Wait wait wait. I think I see my mistake. They can't use the 2022 scholarship because that is being used by the senior on my team during the current year.... Nevermind, this was just a mistake on my part. Play on!
Orsalak

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:20 pm

No problem...glad you worked out the logic. :cool:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:20 pm

For everyone: We've had nearly a whole year of suggestion submissions...thus the 242 suggestions on the list (many of which are minor)...and since Gary's work on CB21 has begun, I'm not going to submit more unless something earth-shattering is submitted. Sorry.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby kujava » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:05 pm

Minor---but would be nice to see recognition for a REGULAR SEASON CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
kujava

Postby kujava » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:09 pm

PointGuard wrote:Yes, agree that they're good...could you explain #4 (Asst Coaches) a little more so I can more accurately tell Gary about that one?

That the SKILLS of the assistant coaches have more of an IMPACT

If I pay more $$$ to an assistant coach that is 4* development it should impact my younger players development more...especially if i give them playing time
kujava

Postby the_real_dynamyte » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:20 am

I would like to see more in depth "motivation" for in game adjustments. Instead of just "scream, show concern, or praise," add another layer to that as to what we're talking to them about. Like Scream because our defense isnt doing well, or show concern because we're not taking care of the ball on offense as examples.
the_real_dynamyte

Postby prorta » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:31 am

1. Within the Association Screen, can you highlight your team within any of the list that you pull up?
2. I had an assistance retire on me, but I didn't get an email about it. I had to go into the Coaching Tree to find out what had happened.
3. Within the stats screen, would it be possible to provide a help button or a hover over definition of the abbreviations. I still don't know what "PF" means. Personal Fouls??? :)
4. Within the School Info Screen > School Awards & Trophies > if your team has changed conferences, it doesn't show past school awards because you are not in that conference...only what you have won within that conference. Not sure why it doesn't show past conference awards if you are not in that conference anymore.
5. Within the Recruit Players screen, once you are done with a phone call, the screen goes back to the top of your list instead of going back to the player. This makes it frustrating if you have a big list, and then you have to find who you were targeting again.
6. An email or an "alert" would be nice to pop up when a staff member is on their last year of the contract. Helps to remind you to resign them is needed.
7. Within the "Today's Games" screen, Sim to Date...what does that do? I have attempted to use it, and change the date, but the "Play/SIM Games" tab blanks out.
8. For emails regarding players ("My Decision" title example) it would be nice to include what position that player is set too. Sample.... PF - Troy Wright....instead of Troy Wright.
9. Within the emails list, would be nice to delete the first email then continuously delete the email below without having to actually click on the email.
10. Email with sample "You made conference tournament" would be nice.
11. Is the GPA really necessary?
12. Within the recruiting actions icon, could you add a "Scout Live" icon within the Actions? I see you have a plane icon, but the icon never appears. Then when you look at the player details, you don't know if the player basketball review is from the Watch Film or the Scout Live.
13. Within the "Your Notes" screen > Game Provided Notes...this is always blank. Then if I type a name, I get a pop up of another player being removed from my list. Not sure what this is for or how to use it.
prorta

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:35 pm

3. There's a "Stats Key" pulldown menu in upper right corner of the Stats screen.
5. Already on the suggestions list.
7. Use the date pulldown to select the date to which you want to sim, then use the "Sim" pulldown to select "Sim to Date", then click on "Play/Sim Games".
9. Different suggestion for deleting emails is already on the Suggestions List.
11. Yes it's necessary...if players drop below 2.0 they will become academically ineligible, so you need to be checking that column occasionally to see if you need to call the player about academics.
12. Yes it appears..it depends on the Recruiting Period...check "Key Dates", and look at Recruiting Calendar and Recruiting Periods to determine when you can Scout Live.
13. Things appear in the Game Provided Notes section...e.g., if you give a player directions on things to do (e.g., study more, get a tudor, etc), it will show up there.

Re you other suggestions, as I've said I am not supplying suggestions in addition to the 242 already provided since Gary is in the process of developing CB2021 right now. I don't want to keep trickling in more right now.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby prorta » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:26 am

PointGuard wrote:3. There's a "Stats Key" pulldown menu in upper right corner of the Stats screen.
5. Already on the suggestions list.
7. Use the date pulldown to select the date to which you want to sim, then use the "Sim" pulldown to select "Sim to Date", then click on "Play/Sim Games".
9. Different suggestion for deleting emails is already on the Suggestions List.
11. Yes it's necessary...if players drop below 2.0 they will become academically ineligible, so you need to be checking that column occasionally to see if you need to call the player about academics.
12. Yes it appears..it depends on the Recruiting Period...check "Key Dates", and look at Recruiting Calendar and Recruiting Periods to determine when you can Scout Live.
13. Things appear in the Game Provided Notes section...e.g., if you give a player directions on things to do (e.g., study more, get a tudor, etc), it will show up there.

Re you other suggestions, as I've said I am not supplying suggestions in addition to the 242 already provided since Gary is in the process of developing CB2021 right now. I don't want to keep trickling in more right now.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Greatly appreciate it.
prorta

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion