Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby WarEagle13 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:48 am

ECHood wrote:This is Pie in the Sky for a future version down the line perhaps... but it would be amazing if in Sandbox one of the things we could do was pick the NCAA Tournament selections and matchups. Let us play NCAA Committee for a day on Selection Sunday (or make it a Commissioner Option that day). Give us all the automatic bids and then a list of all at large teams up to a point... like the next 50 teams at large through the edge of the bubble. Let us research ourselves (RPI, results, etc) and pick them and place everyone into seeds and regions. Then run the Selection Show if we want, but the matchups would all be set. Most of us would keep it realistic, some would goof around, but mostly it would just be a blast to do in Sandbox mode, and a milestone in what can be a long season of something to look forward to that breaks up the recruiting and game sim monotony.

Actually that is a really great idea. Allow option to automaticcaly run or to go through the process yourself. This definitely could help with some of the early in conference matchups that sometimes happen
WarEagle13

Postby ezcar » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:31 am

Have assistant coaches suggest in game decisions:

During a time out. an assistant coach can comment saying things like:

I think double teaming their sg will help us he's killing us
I feel running an offense isolating our sf on their sf would help. Its a big mismatch
We should run flex we have scored 75% of the time we run it
We should take a look at our 6th man. He's a great 3 point threat That might open up our inside a bit.

Why I think this would work so well with this game. If you find a coach giving bad suggestions. When time comes demoting, firing or hiring someone else is now more understandable. Giving raises makes even more sense why you should offer someone a lot more money. It's obvious if recruiting is going well you give more money to recruiting coach and if scouting well the scouter... This is even more immersive.

Coaching cards could have. Good, great, or poor with assisting in game decisions (as a recommendation from his previous HC)
Recruiting coach card could say: responsible for 5 top 20 recruits while at Central Florida, 3 at Wake forest( that may also work in with the pipeline feature)

I thought a spot for the coaching assist would be in the area of time out options in the 2021 sub screen.

even multiple assistants can give suggestions. Which if you didn't take theirs often they may want to move on. Or if you chose others over theirs they may get upset if they were a higher assistant. If lower assistant gives more or better suggestions you would want to promote him over the other and etc.

I hope it makes sense. I know I said this last year. I thought it might help if I explained what I was thinking
ezcar

Postby mbachofen » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:54 pm

only been playing this game for a month, impressed but a few things should be tweeked:
1-consolation brackets for non post season tournaments
2-fix the seeding issues with same conference teams playing each other in the second round
3-additional sim speed to allow a view of winners and losers each day
4-delay the "draft declaration" until after the team's season is over
5-way too many players declare for draft
6-option to mute sneaker nose but allow whistles and horns
mbachofen

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Most of those were on the Suggestions List that was submitted to Gary before he began work on CB2021. There were a heckuva lot of suggestions (over 250) so obviously he didn't incorporate all into CB21.

Now he's trying to deal with a few remaining nagging issues related to CB21 with the beta-testing group so the game can be released for First Access soon, so I doubt he'll be dealing with additional suggestions prior to First Access.

MY suggestion is for y'all to play around with CB2021 when it comes out in First Access and if you feel there are things that absolutely need to be addressed, then make your suggestions through the FIrst Access Forum that will be created.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby kujava » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 pm

WHENNNN will FIRST ACCESS CB2021 comes out???
kujava

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 am

How long can you hold your breath? :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion