Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby PointGuard » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:21 am

Yes, agree that they're good...could you explain #4 (Asst Coaches) a little more so I can more accurately tell Gary about that one?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Orsalak » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:07 pm

There are many pages of to this tread, so these may have already come up:

It would be nice if I could create more individualized workout programs for my players. Maybe my SG gets a lot of turnovers so I want him to focus on some drills to help with his handle or passing. My center is a tall willowy fellow who can't maintain his position on the block so I want him to work with my strength coach to bulk up over the summer. My SF has a hitch in his jump shot so I want him to work on his form and improve his jumper, etc. I know coaches will have a year end evaluation of players and what they want them to work on over the summer in RL, would be cool to do that here as well.

Also, would be cool to have some sort of options at the start of each half to get your team pumped up or focus on certain things. You always hear about the adjustments a team makes coming out of the half, would be nice to have something to simulate that better.

Emails from your assistant coaches where they make suggestions. Recruiting coach tells you "I really like this player and I think we should take a look at him." Practice coach tells you X has really been improving his range in practice, he's starting to knock down his 3 pointer consistently, etc. Just more interaction with the assistants in general would make them feel more apart of your staff and contributing.
Orsalak

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Added those to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Orsalak » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:18 pm

This may be on your list but:

Currently, when you call a timeout you can set a play and try to motivate. If there is a TV timeout (or an opponent timeout?) you cannot do this, which seems odd to me. If there is a timeout, you should be able to talk to your team regardless of who called it.
Orsalak

Postby prorta » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it would be nice to have less phone calls to player recruits. That can become very tedious and literally takes the joy out of the game.
prorta

Postby Wildcat18 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:23 pm

not sure if this on your list, but:

1) I'd like the ability to ask recruits about their expectations. If I'm choosing between 2 similar guys at a position where I've got star upperclassmen, maybe initial expectations of playing time is the tie-breaker.

2) Perhaps the ability to talk to recruits before they transfer. We could find out why they want to transfer (if there's a particular reason), with perhaps the ability to convince them to stay if it's something you can affect like playing time.

3) I'd like to be able to talk to a recruit's coaches, to find out about their personality or work ethic besides just random chance. Or the ability to ask your recruiting coach to actively search for that info.

4) It's very minor, and might not be possible given the engine, but is there a way to stop the AI from taking shots at the buzzer while they're winning? It's just really frustrating, especially when you're getting blown out and you're trying to end the game on a positive note, when the AI pushes the ball down the court and takes an open three as time expires to pad a lead.
Wildcat18

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:49 am

I've said this one in years past and I'm sure it has come up again, but more end of games options would be nice. Also, IRL at the end of the game if the score is close (one possession and enough time for the defense to have a possession), teams often let the offense run down the clock before starting the play and just try to play strong defense so they can get the ball for another possession. The defense doesn't always allow this, but frequently you do see that at the end of games. While I know you have the option to hold for a shot, the game still has you pass the ball around way too much which often results in a turnover (at least for me), so running down the clock in the final minute just doesn't seem to play out the way I would expect.

I should add that if I'm up by a lot and the other team has decided not to foul, I should also be able to run out the clock without passing the ball. Again, not all teams allow this, but once they get to a point where they don't feel like fouling will give them a chance, they usually "call off the dogs" and let the offense run out the shot clock.
Orsalak

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:56 am

End of game management is already on the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:04 am

How about the ability to offer transfers based on open scholarships for the next year. I typically have to boot someone to offer a transfer even though I have four slots opening up for scholarship offers in late June. Very annoying.

The ability to offer more scholarship than I have would also be nice. Coaches do this all the time and it's first come first serve. The computer can simulate who accepts the offer first in a given week should it be a situation where they both would have accepted on the same week.

By the way, thanks for compiling this list PG!
Orsalak

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:26 pm

If you prefer transfer players, just don't fill all your scholarship openings during recruiting and then you'll be able to go after transfer players in early June.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion