Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby PointGuard » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:31 pm

drummerJ99 wrote:Late to the party on this wishlist but one thing I'd love is a month graphical view of the schedule. As someone who likes to track my Dynasty week by week over at OS, just having date's is more time consuming trying to figure out where each game falls week by week. It's easy with football, only one game a week. LOL

The party has yet to begin. :rolleyes:

Added this to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Jake8005 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:09 am

Watching the tournament recap from the inbox makes the game crash
Be able to continue calling a play after subbing players
Stop spam of emails of assistants that you’ve JUST hired emailing you to let you know they’ve accepted “another job”.... at your school. This often leads to over dozens of emails
Other menus won’t load after you exit a game until you sim through the proceeding days games
Add grad transfers
Injured players aren’t replaced in the depth chart when simulating
When a player suffers a notable injury mid-game, it should be identified (I.e. hand, foot, leg, knee, ankles arm etc.), diagnosed post-game and they should not be able to be inserted back into the game.
More control over which walk one you get, or at least have them have different positions that fit the team depth better.
Add a quick key for calling the player
Be able to scroll down recruits with the down and up keys
Be able to toggle conference switching etc. within a game
Be able to sort by state of birth in transfer portal
Have player relationships such as siblings or be able to coach your son eventually.
Add medical redshirts
Jake8005

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Jake8005 wrote:Watching the tournament recap from the inbox makes the game crash You watch the tournament recap by clicking the "watch" box in the "Today's Game" screen, not from the email inbox...and I've never had it crash. I just tried it again and it ran perfectly. So if you're having a problem with it, then it sounds like a problem with the install on your computer...I'd suggest you create a Support Ticket and send in your game files to see what's wrong.
Be able to continue calling a play after subbing players can already do this
Stop spam of emails of assistants that you’ve JUST hired emailing you to let you know they’ve accepted “another job”.... at your school. This often leads to over dozens of emails I've never had this occur in any of my many DDSCB associations...Again sounds like a problem with your installation of the game...again suggest you submit a Support Ticket along with your game files to see what is weird about your set up.
Other menus won’t load after you exit a game until you sim through the proceeding days games same comment...doesn't happen for me...submit a Support Ticket and your game files
Add grad transfers already on the list
Injured players aren’t replaced in the depth chart when simulating As your team's coach, this is something you need to keep track of and change if you decide you want to...for some injuries, you may want to keep playing the injured player
When a player suffers a notable injury mid-game, it should be identified (I.e. hand, foot, leg, knee, ankles arm etc.), diagnosed post-game and they should not be able to be inserted back into the game....but a component of your suggestion has already been added to the list first part of this already on the list; but it's up to you as coach to decide whether you want to keep an injured player on the court by looking at how low his ENERGY level is.
More control over which walk one you get, or at least have them have different positions that fit the team depth better. Not sure what you want to be able to do wrt walkons
Add a quick key for calling the player [there is already a "Contact player" box on the player card that takes you directly to the call
Be able to scroll down recruits with the down and up keys already on the list
Be able to toggle conference switching etc. within a game don't understand why you'd want to do this while playing out a game
Be able to sort by state of birth in transfer portal I thinkWhereas home state is important to some recruits, I don't believe it's a factor for transfer players
Have player relationships such as siblings or be able to coach your son eventually. If you want this, you can already edit an assistant coach to change their name and make them your son
Add medical redshirts already on the list
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Jake8005 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:58 pm

PointGuard wrote:
Jake8005 wrote:Watching the tournament recap from the inbox makes the game crash You watch the tournament recap by clicking the "watch" box in the "Today's Game" screen, not from the email inbox...and I've never had it crash. I just tried it again and it ran perfectly. So if you're having a problem with it, then it sounds like a problem with the install on your computer...I'd suggest you create a Support Ticket and send in your game files to see what's wrong.
Be able to continue calling a play after subbing players can already do this
Stop spam of emails of assistants that you’ve JUST hired emailing you to let you know they’ve accepted “another job”.... at your school. This often leads to over dozens of emails I've never had this occur in any of my many DDSCB associations...Again sounds like a problem with your installation of the game...again suggest you submit a Support Ticket along with your game files to see what is weird about your set up.
Other menus won’t load after you exit a game until you sim through the proceeding days games same comment...doesn't happen for me...submit a Support Ticket and your game files
Add grad transfers already on the list
Injured players aren’t replaced in the depth chart when simulating As your team's coach, this is something you need to keep track of and change if you decide you want to...for some injuries, you may want to keep playing the injured player
When a player suffers a notable injury mid-game, it should be identified (I.e. hand, foot, leg, knee, ankles arm etc.), diagnosed post-game and they should not be able to be inserted back into the game....but a component of your suggestion has already been added to the list first part of this already on the list; but it's up to you as coach to decide whether you want to keep an injured player on the court by looking at how low his ENERGY level is.
More control over which walk one you get, or at least have them have different positions that fit the team depth better. Not sure what you want to be able to do wrt walkons
Add a quick key for calling the player [there is already a "Contact player" box on the player card that takes you directly to the call
Be able to scroll down recruits with the down and up keys already on the list
Be able to toggle conference switching etc. within a game don't understand why you'd want to do this while playing out a game
Be able to sort by state of birth in transfer portal I thinkWhereas home state is important to some recruits, I don't believe it's a factor for transfer players
Have player relationships such as siblings or be able to coach your son eventually. If you want this, you can already edit an assistant coach to change their name and make them your son
Add medical redshirts already on the list

Whenever I sub out a player while creating a play, it reverts the play back to blank and makes me set it up again and select each option all over.
Iirc, I wanted to be able to shift through the conferences with a down key stroke.
I would want to be able to control what types of walk-ons I get because it's pointless to get two 6'2 SG's with no positional versatility, particularly if I already have those types on scholarships. I would at least like to be able to control what positions I get, if not hold a tryout.
Jake8005

Postby PointGuard » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:15 am

Whenever I sub out a player while creating a play, it reverts the play back to blank and makes me set it up again and select each option all over. I normally take care of my substitutions before going to select a play when I take a time out....so my order of action is to (1) sub; (2) set up a play; and (3) motivate; and (4) return to game action. I think possibly the logic of the game is that if you select specific players and a specific play and THEN make substitutions, it figures you need to reassess what you plan to do since your lineup is now different...which sort of makes sense to me.
Iirc, I wanted to be able to shift through the conferences with a down key stroke. When on the "Today's Games" screen you can select different conferences with the left-most selection arrow. Same for Standings, Association Almanac and Association Leaders. On the Dashboard, you can not select a specific conference, but can type in any team and it will take you to that team (with the other teams in that conference right above or below that team. Do you want to be able to type in a conference name (rather than a team name) in the Dashboard and it then goes to that conference? Not sure where else you might want to select a conference where it's not now possible.
I would want to be able to control what types of walk-ons I get because it's pointless to get two 6'2 SG's with no positional versatility, particularly if I already have those types on scholarships. I would at least like to be able to control what positions I get, if not hold a tryout. As it is now, the game tries to fill a position where you are light on players when it adds walkons for your team.
If it can it will provide you with 3 players at each position. If your team is adding 1 walkon and you have 4 PGs, 3 SGs, 3 SFs, 3 PFs, and 1 C, it will add a center (filling your most needed position. But I guess if you had 5 PGs, 1 SG, 3 SFs, 4 PFs, and 1 C, it might give you a C or a SG and you're right, you get no input on which position you need help most., Personally, I dont really get too concerned about what walkon position or player is provided because walkons are not going to be very talented typically and I don't plan on using them much at all anyway. BUT...I've added your suggestion to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Jake8005 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:16 pm

PointGuard wrote:Whenever I sub out a player while creating a play, it reverts the play back to blank and makes me set it up again and select each option all over. I normally take care of my substitutions before going to select a play when I take a time out....so my order of action is to (1) sub; (2) set up a play; and (3) motivate; and (4) return to game action. I think possibly the logic of the game is that if you select specific players and a specific play and THEN make substitutions, it figures you need to reassess what you plan to do since your lineup is now different...which sort of makes sense to me.
Iirc, I wanted to be able to shift through the conferences with a down key stroke. When on the "Today's Games" screen you can select different conferences with the left-most selection arrow. Same for Standings, Association Almanac and Association Leaders. On the Dashboard, you can not select a specific conference, but can type in any team and it will take you to that team (with the other teams in that conference right above or below that team. Do you want to be able to type in a conference name (rather than a team name) in the Dashboard and it then goes to that conference? Not sure where else you might want to select a conference where it's not now possible.
I would want to be able to control what types of walk-ons I get because it's pointless to get two 6'2 SG's with no positional versatility, particularly if I already have those types on scholarships. I would at least like to be able to control what positions I get, if not hold a tryout. As it is now, the game tries to fill a position where you are light on players when it adds walkons for your team.
If it can it will provide you with 3 players at each position. If your team is adding 1 walkon and you have 4 PGs, 3 SGs, 3 SFs, 3 PFs, and 1 C, it will add a center (filling your most needed position. But I guess if you had 5 PGs, 1 SG, 3 SFs, 4 PFs, and 1 C, it might give you a C or a SG and you're right, you get no input on which position you need help most., Personally, I dont really get too concerned about what walkon position or player is provided because walkons are not going to be very talented typically and I don't plan on using them much at all anyway. BUT...I've added your suggestion to the list.

Thanks.
Jake8005

Postby PointGuard » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:50 am

You're welcome. Interesting set of suggestions...hope my thoughts help with your game play.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby agoo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 am

I have popped in and out of reading this thread for a while, so I apologize if these have been made before.

1 - Positive Interaction options for players
When I go to call a player, all of the interaction options are negative. I can admonish a player or suspend them, but that's it. I can't compliment a player on a hot streak who has low satisfaction. It makes playing time the only way to really make a player happier. It would be nice to compliment a player after a good game, give a pep talk after a bad one, or comment on a problem guy not causing issues.

2 - On dashboard view, indicate if GPA is going up or down
Relates to the above, where it would be nice to compliment a player who is improving in the classroom, particularly after being admonished for it.

3 - Discuss recruiting with current players
If I bring in a low rated recruit where I have a freshman or sophomore getting playing time, I'd like to be able to tell the current player that they're still in line to start or keep getting minutes with the new recruit coming in...something along those lines.

4 - Make prestige more responsive
If not updating prestige regularly, incorporating momentum would be helpful. For example, I had a 16 seeded team beat a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, but I still couldn't get any recruits to visit. In that situation, my two point guards were graduating and I offered a visit to every available PG (over 100 of them at that point), but still couldn't get anyone to visit. Big wins should make that easier, but I would also suggest that landing a bigtime recruit should have the same impact where other recruits may see something developing at a smaller school. That's not to say that I expect to land five-stars at a Big Sky school, but an in-state, three-star should at least visit or take a phone call after a tournament win.
agoo

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Added #2 and #3. #1 was already on the list.

Re #4:
a. An in-state player will ALWAYS visit your school, even those who don't have interest. Some in-state recruits of course will just not be interested in your school, no matter what...and won't accept a call, but others will. That seems realistic to me.
b. For a lower prestige school, it's sometimes tough to get recruits within the region to visit...particularly those with low to mid level rankings. And even more difficult to get out-of-region recruits to visit. Again, this seems realistic to me.
c. Prestige doesn't jump up quickly based on one season or one game. Prestige tends to move up or down in small increments. And it's based on your team's results over several consecutive seasons. But as prestige improves, recruiting becomes easier.
d. What's your recruiting level? That also affects how easy it is to get players interested, accepting campus visits, responding to calls, and accepting scholarship offers.
e. I have added some of our comments re #4 to the list, though.
Last edited by PointGuard on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby agoo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:00 pm

PointGuard wrote:Added #2 and #3. #1 was already on the list.

Re #4:
a. An in-state player will ALWAYS visit your school, even those who don't have interest. Some in-state recruits of course will just not be interested in your school, no matter what...and won't accept a call, but others will. That seems realistic to me.
b. For a lower prestige school, it's sometimes tough to get recruits within the region to visit...particularly those with low to mid level rankings. And even more difficult to get out-of-region recruits to visit. Again, this seems realistic to me.
c. Prestige doesn't jump up quickly based on one season or one game. Prestige tends to move up or down in small increments. And it's based on your team's results over several consecutive seasons. But as prestige improves, recruiting becomes easier.
d. What's your recruiting level? That also affects how easy it is to get players interested, accepting campus visits, responding to calls, and accepting scholarship offers.
e. I have added some of our comments re #4 to the list, though.

Thanks for adding 2 and 3. Good to see 1 already in there. I have a 5th that I forgot to add
Make a multiteam game easier - I'm running a personal game where I have six teams right now and saving, exporting, exiting, loading, recruiting, saving, exporting, exiting, loading....etc...etc...etc. I can update depth charts, practice, coach assignments, and other things from the commissioner account, but recruiting and reading messages are a challenge.

And back to 4 - the specific example that I was referencing was a league where I'm running Northern Arizona and I won a play-in game for the 16 seed, then knocked off Kentucky in the 1-16 match-up. I'm not suggesting that 4 or 5 star recruits should have come flocking to Flagstaff, but a few recruits who wouldn't have taken my calls or a visit in February probably would have taken that call after seeing NAU all over the news. There were no other reasons preventing PG prospects from coming for a visit - I had two open scholarships and zero PGs returning for the next season. If I'm correct in equating prestige with name-recognition, name-recognition for NAU would skyrocket after beating the number one overall team.

Some way of marking momentum in the game would add to the realism to me. Recruiting with a low program like NAU should be hard, but a win like that should have some impact.

There's no need to continue a back and forth on this, but I want to be sure that my point was clear.
agoo

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion