Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby PointGuard » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:14 am

Added suggestions by 23Zone and jppierre1113.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby boywonder9 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:49 am

A few additional customized settings:

1) Toggle on/off for assistant/AI to handle team incidents player conversations
2) Sliders or adjustment for frequency of incidents
3) Sliders or adjustments for transfer frequency

My style of play with this game (and many other sports management games) is to micromanage all off-season type activities - so in this game transfers, recruitment, setting depth chart and rotation - then let auto-sim through season. So the team incident system both runs against my preferred style of play, and even if I didn't auto-sim through season I've found it very onerous and formulaic how the incident email comes in. You have to then remember the player names, navigate the UI to roster, call players, navigate the UI to find right options for conversations...etc, etc. So I either power past incidents and ignore them, or have to embrace a step in game that is not immersive, repetitive/formulaic and I find far from enjoyable.

My current save featured three 5 star freshman who started for a national championship winning title team. One of those three won National Player of the Year, I won coach of the year, and all 3 players got good minutes, scored at a decent clip, got individual recognition/awards, etc. I auto-simmed through year, ignoring any team incidents. All 3 of these star freshmen players transferred after the year (plus two other solid, young rotation players). So a title winning team was gutted by losing 5 core players at once, and surely (at least partially) because I didn't bother dealing with multiple incidents over that year. I could accept a degree of this happening - e.g. the 2nd or 3rd option of those three getting disgruntled about a more secondary role despite their 5 star status. But all 3 elite players and 5 in total left the national championship team with 99 prestige relying on walk-ons to fill out their rotation the following year.

I recognize some players will find that team incident feature immersive and/or aren't bothered by it. I also think one of the strengths of sports management games is when the user can define their experience, so allowing for settings to suit play-styles like mine could add to value.
boywonder9

Postby PointGuard » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Added those 3.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Couple suggestions

* Invited to showcase games and home and home agreements.

* Player’s proficiency of offense and defense sets should influence recruiting. We should also be able to unlock these with recruiting.

* Players with good court intelligence should learn offense and defense sets quicker.

* Non signed recruits following coaches who recruited them if leaving to new school.

* Ability for Head Coaches to bring full staff over to new school.

* Coach recruitment preferences (Athleticism, Court Intelligence, outside shooting, etc).

* Team specific audio files.

* Job offers.

* Grad transfers.

* Tone down blocks from small guards.

* Tone down steals from big men.

* Adjust NCAA seeding (a #1 ranked team ended up as 2 seed in the NCAA Tourney. Conf match ups happening early in the tournament).

* Good players on smaller schools filling up stat sheets as they are the only good player usually.

* Better UI navigation when looking at tourneys.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby PointGuard » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:15 am

A "couple"? LOL

Some of these were already on the list, but added the new ones to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 am

When one of the last guys toward the bottom of the Dashboard is injured it's very difficult to see the injury or how long he's out for. May have been mentioned already.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:04 pm

Right, this is a fix that is needed. I've added it now.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:50 am

PointGuard wrote:A "couple"? LOL

Some of these were already on the list, but added the new ones to the list.

Lol

One more!

*Not sure if this is already in or not because I’ve never seen it*

Players becoming academically ineligible during the season.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:51 am

They do, at the end of the semester in late December. That seems to be a little messed up in 2020. It worked fine in prior versions.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Yes, this still is in the game, but Gary has been advised (and it's also on the suggestion list) that it now needs adjustment since too few players are now getting low GPA's.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion