Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby henry296 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:59 am

I haven't read the full thread, but sim to next game. I'm scrolling to my next game day and then I select sim to date and then I have to hit sim day. That should be a single option and not 3 steps.
henry296
Elite Member

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 am

Seeing some great stuff here!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby kubowler99 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 am

Another idea: On the recruiting page, for interest, it would be nice for something more than none, cool, or warm. Maybe a heat map green to red, coupled with some type of numeric representation. It would also be nice to see the recruit's top 10 school list represented as a heat map (and numeric) so you could gauge how close your school really is to landing the recruit. If my school is 3rd, are we neck and neck with 1/2, or are we miles behind and should simply move on?
kubowler99

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Seeing some great stuff here!

Absolutely!

Only problem is that the list is getting so long that I'm not sure if President Gary of Wolverine Studios will read it...I'm hearing SOME presidents don't read lengthy documents. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:53 pm

OK, the last few were added also.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby kubowler99 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11 am

PG - Would it make sense to create some type of poll where people rank their top 5 ideas/suggestions, and then have Wolverine Studios assign points to each suggestion (lower - easier to implement, higher - harder)? That way they would get an idea of what changes/improvements the customers would like to see measured against ease of implementation. Something that's highly wanted but low effort would seem like it should be added to '21.
kubowler99

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:08 pm

kubowler99 wrote:PG - Would it make sense to create some type of poll where people rank their top 5 ideas/suggestions, and then have Wolverine Studios assign points to each suggestion (lower - easier to implement, higher - harder)? That way they would get an idea of what changes/improvements the customers would like to see measured against ease of implementation. Something that's highly wanted but low effort would seem like it should be added to '21.

That's a good idea :cool: , but not sure how it could be easily done since there are ALREADY 132 suggestions! :eek:

Of course, I COULD pick MY top 10 and let y'all rank those. :D

But...maybe it's just best to present all of them to Gary and let him decide which is DOABLE and which of those he is willing to do whatever is necessary to implement. I'll try to remember your suggestion though and when Gary indicates he is ready to begin working on CB2021, then maybe Gary can delete those which are not possible or reasonable, then also remove from the list the ones he absolutely wants to do and plans to implement...and then present a list of the ones that are on the remaining "maybe" list to see which ones rise to the top by means of a poll of users. (But you're asking a helluva a lot of me to REMEMBER that 6-7 months from now. :p )
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby jfsolo23 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:46 pm

IMO the injuries system should go back to how it use to be with the percentage going up incrementally as time passes. Having my best player at 48% with one day left on a broken elbow injury miss a tournament game when the next day he will be at 100% is too binary a system IMO. Of course you can just heal players, but I still think a more gradual improvement of the player is better.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Slippy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 am

Most of my suggestions relate to recruiting and transfers. IMO, recruiting is a really rewarding part of the game, but also quite tedious and time-consuming. Helping the user be more efficient in these activities would really enhance gameplay.

Recruiting
1. In addition to the Show Bio / Show Ratings options, I would like to see a Show Info view to display info uncovered during the recruiting process. This would have columns for player interests (Academics, School Prestige...) with a score value (1-10 or 1-100) for each, once revealed. It would also include a column with my team's ranking among the player's Top Ten schools, if any.
2. Once I'm done recruiting, in order to avoid further recruiting costs, I must individually remove players from the recruit list. Would be nice to remove all at once.
3. Add an Icon/Indicator for Call/Watch Lists on each player row so you can easily see who was already added (instead of clicking on each row to check)
4. Add choice to "Full Recruit List" dropdown for "Not on Call/Watch List". This way I can easily look for new people to add to my lists.
5. Show # of players on Call List at top of screen so I can easily tell how many openings I have left
6. Add filter where I can enter a Min. GPA, so I don't have to look at unqualified candidates.
7. Bug: Using button, you can only have 1 campus visit per player, but using hot-key, you can invite the same player each week.

8. League Leaders - Should default to the coach's conference. This is more likely where the user wants to look (IMO) and will also load much faster.

9. League Leaders (Players) - The stat drop-down for "Player Efficiency" should be "Efficiency" to avoid confusion between EFF and PER. Adding Advanced Stats for Players would be helpful.

10. Player Stats - Add Win Share stats to Advanced: OWS, DWS, WS/40

11. Coach Hiring - Current Head Coaches show under all Filters (even if all filters are off). The demand ranges for these coaches are lower than their current salaries. Even after all other schools have completed their hiring, they will not accept a position for those ranges, or even significantly higher values.

Transfer Sessions
12. Overall Ratings for players are very poor (lots receive "F"). Seems to be a bug.
13. Since first initials are included in the name list, you cannot sort by the players' last names.
14. Listing players' states/countries in a separate column would allow sorting by that column, which would be very helpful
15. The card on the right side of the screen should show information from the detailed card instead of repeating information already shown on the row. Player's original WSSN Ranking could be shown or a new WSSN Player Transfer Ranking score could be introduced. Other "Awards Won" could be shown.

Strategy
16. There is no Zone Attack available for 3-2 Defense
Slippy

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion