Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Re: Suggestion List for DDSCB2021

Postby Wayne23 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:00 pm

YES! Staff hiring needs a fix desperately.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Added that because hiring of assistants definitely can be difficult so this may need to be tweaked.

But with regard to your specific example, it's POSSIBLE that the guy only wants to be a head coach, that he is willing to be a 1st assistant but only at a college with a particularly high prestige level or particular academic level, or that he wants a different length of contract.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby LSUTigerJosh » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 pm

PointGuard wrote:Added the first 2.

With respect to the last one: So you were not spending money doing the recruiting yourself...but must have had the option to let the AI handle recruiting and off-season stuff. I assume the AI is programmed to spend most, if not all the money, since if you don't the chances of getting your budget/facilities upgrade request at the end of the year is reduced. So that part seems to be working as it should. I guess if you want the AI to do the summer recruiting but still want to protect yourself to keep some money for the last few weeks in case you need it, I'd suggest turning off the AI handling recruiting option after you've recruited your players and then doing it yourself the rest of the year (you can do little to nothing if you wish) so that you hold onto some money to try to lasso a recruit in the final few weeks if a player goes pro.

It was an online league that I took over in early December. At that point there was 5 bucks left. it maybe like you said though. i just figured the cpu would not have it all exhausted that early.
LSUTigerJosh

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Yeah seems early alright, but maybe the AI was going after some int'l recruits and blew through the $$ fast.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby ronald mund » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:28 pm

PointGuard wrote:But with regard to your specific example, it's POSSIBLE that the guy only wants to be a head coach, that he is willing to be a 1st assistant but only at a college with a particularly high prestige level or particular academic level, or that he wants a different length of contract.

This is a good point and a definite possibility. If this is the case, then I think a nice addition would be more information on the coaches during staff hiring. It could be made similar to recruiting or transfers. Maybe have a contact option, and as the bidding rounds progress you learn small tidbits about the coach which gives you an idea of what he is looking for.
ronald mund

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Ok, I've added that.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby AgaliareptX » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:07 am

Not sure if these have already been suggested so apologies in advance just in case:

1. The ability to change a player's position. I noticed player heights can be all over the place and also there are times when I recruit SGs with better passing/handling than my point guards so I'd love to be able to change positions.
2. We should be able to see accurate ratings for our own players. I assume it's affected by a coach's scouting rating but c'mon. Coaches watch their guys practice every day, they have a decent idea of how good their own players are. It's crazy to me when my own player's ratings change drastically whenever they get re-evaluated twice at the beginning of the season. I'm okay with keeping potential ratings dependent on coach's scouting rating.
3. Possibly create/include a end-of-season or beginning-of-season screen that shows player & coach rating progressions? I know you can go to each individual profile and view their rating progression but having it all on one page would be nice. Also give us an option to switch from a bar chart to something that's easier to read at a glance (line graph? or just a table of numbers)
4. Maybe re-evaluate the way the recruiting rankings work? I'm not super into following high school recruits in real life but it's crazy how some of these guys' rankings can swing from 500-700+ spots every time it re-evaluates them. Does that kind of thing happen in real life? Are there high school kids out there randomly getting dropped 700 spots by Rivals or ESPN? Who's out there watching 1000s of high school kids?
5. A way to determine which players the offense runs through. If I have one player who's a way better scorer than everyone else, I want him taking 25 shots a game. Right now doesn't seem like there's a way to make that happen.
6. Please please please please please rework the way player/coach/team relationships work and the whole "call the player" thing. It's really bad and needs to be either completely overhauled or give a dozen more options.
AgaliareptX

Postby ronald mund » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Totally agree about #6. I've resorted to just ignoring team incidents now because I can't ever recall a time where calling a player resulted in a positive change in relationship. The best I ever get is "no change".
ronald mund

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:26 pm

AgaliareptX wrote:Not sure if these have already been suggested so apologies in advance just in case:

1. The ability to change a player's position. I noticed player heights can be all over the place and also there are times when I recruit SGs with better passing/handling than my point guards so I'd love to be able to change positions.
2. We should be able to see accurate ratings for our own players. I assume it's affected by a coach's scouting rating but c'mon. Coaches watch their guys practice every day, they have a decent idea of how good their own players are. It's crazy to me when my own player's ratings change drastically whenever they get re-evaluated twice at the beginning of the season. I'm okay with keeping potential ratings dependent on coach's scouting rating.
3. Possibly create/include a end-of-season or beginning-of-season screen that shows player & coach rating progressions? I know you can go to each individual profile and view their rating progression but having it all on one page would be nice. Also give us an option to switch from a bar chart to something that's easier to read at a glance (line graph? or just a table of numbers)
4. Maybe re-evaluate the way the recruiting rankings work? I'm not super into following high school recruits in real life but it's crazy how some of these guys' rankings can swing from 500-700+ spots every time it re-evaluates them. Does that kind of thing happen in real life? Are there high school kids out there randomly getting dropped 700 spots by Rivals or ESPN? Who's out there watching 1000s of high school kids?
5. A way to determine which players the offense runs through. If I have one player who's a way better scorer than everyone else, I want him taking 25 shots a game. Right now doesn't seem like there's a way to make that happen.
6. Please please please please please rework the way player/coach/team relationships work and the whole "call the player" thing. It's really bad and needs to be either completely overhauled or give a dozen more options.

Big concur on numbers 4, 5, and 6.

By the way if you go into commissioner mode and chose edit players you can change a player's position.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Added the items that are new.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion