Individual Player Adjustments

Individual Player Adjustments

Postby John Bee-line » Tue May 26, 2020 7:43 am

Purchased this game recently after enjoying the demo. Is there a way to influence individual players in-game? I've discovered the "contact a player" action on their card to ask them to temporarily alter their game, but I'm wondering if there is a more permanent method. Basically, I'm trying to stop my center from popping off 6-7 3's per game, all of which he miss. I'm not running a five-out or any other plan that would encourage my center to attempt so many three balls. Appreciate any tips!
John Bee-line

Re: Individual Player Adjustments

Postby Corduroy » Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 am

Calling a player and telling them to shoot less 3's doesn't temporarily alter their game (although it takes a while for the changes to happen, but when they do it's for the duration of their career). Strategy wise, if your goal is to just get your center to stop shooting 3's, you'd want to run something like triangle or motion, heavy inside, at 100%. i.e. no offensive freedom. He's shooting the 3's during times when your team isn't running any set offense most likely.

Another way, and some may look down on this, but it's your game so play however you want, would be to go to commish mode and edit the player. If he's terrible at 3's, set that to zero, but make sure that the totals for post and jumper add up to 100.
Hope this helps.
Corduroy

Postby John Bee-line » Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks Corduroy! I will look into your solutions. I’m not concerned if I have to edit his traits. I feel like a center going 0-7 from deep every game is pretty unrealistic
John Bee-line

Postby hefewe1zen » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Corduroy wrote:Calling a player and telling them to shoot less 3's doesn't temporarily alter their game (although it takes a while for the changes to happen, but when they do it's for the duration of their career). Strategy wise, if your goal is to just get your center to stop shooting 3's, you'd want to run something like triangle or motion, heavy inside, at 100%. i.e. no offensive freedom. He's shooting the 3's during times when your team isn't running any set offense most likely.

Another way, and some may look down on this, but it's your game so play however you want, would be to go to commish mode and edit the player. If he's terrible at 3's, set that to zero, but make sure that the totals for post and jumper add up to 100.
Hope this helps.

I'm curious if the player tendencies and shot locations only matter in free flowing offense (with no offensive set) or not. My understanding is that offensive set will determine which player will receive the ball in what particular location. Scoring will determine how likely he is to take a shot. I don't know how tendencies and location come into the play. Are players more likely to shot from a preferred location? Or do the set plays completely overwrite tendencies?
hefewe1zen

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion