Role of Team Chemistry

Role of Team Chemistry

Postby ZorbaGarp » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:14 pm

I've never cut a player before but I'm really close. I have a sophomore who shows flashes of brilliance mixed in with mediocrity but is constantly getting in fights with teammates about being better than them. I've now suspended him three times. His relationship is nearly zero with both the team and me (surprised he didn't transfer after his freshman year). My team is highly ranked and is championship-caliber but I'm wondering if I'll have addition by subtraction if I cut him. Anyone have any experience with this? How does team chemistry influence the game? How much prestige will I lose if I cut him? I suspect he's going to transfer anyway and if I cut him now I can go ahead and recruit for his spot right away. Thoughts?
ZorbaGarp

Re: Role of Team Chemistry

Postby PointGuard » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:10 pm

If you cut him:

Negative: your team prestige will likely drop a point or two.
Positives: you won't have to deal with his problems; other player's team and coach relationships may improve; if he was causing another player's relationships to fall extremely low, the turnaround may keep that player from transferring.

If you cut him be sure to adjust the Depth Chart and Sub Matrix after doing so.

With respect to how team chemistry affects how a team performs: That's part of the internal working of the game that I believe only Gary knows (and is unlikely to be revealed).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion