Scheduling Question

Scheduling Question

Postby valley1719 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Is there any way to schedule more home games? I've told my AD that I prefer cupcakes at home to start out my career (taking over a new team at Drake and then playing a lot of freshman). However, all three years so far have been pretty road heavy. If I try to change the games my AD scheduled, it doesn't seem to give me any options on making more home games. 10 of my first 12 games this season are on the road. Am I missing an option somewhere?
valley1719

Re: Scheduling Question

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:23 am

Weak teams from weak conferences don't get many home games. They don't in real life either. If there's a way I haven't found it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Scheduling Question

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Yeah, agree completely with Wayne. Only thing I can suggest is to try asking for a different kind of schedule (e.g. balanced) and see if the AD is able to get you a few more home games. But with a low prestige program, the road becomes your home.

You can go through each road game and try to schedule weaker teams in the hope that you can at least win a few of those games. I often do that in the first season or two at a sucky school with sucky players...to sort of even things out, if a really weak team is scheduled to visit our home digs, I can try to find a tougher opponent for those home games. Then as my team becomes better in succeeding years I can upgrade the level of pre-conference competition to challenge my guys more and see if they're ready for conference play.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion