Player potential

Player potential

Postby John Bee-line » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Been playing for 5 seasons. None of my players have improved beyond a star, maybe a star and a half despite some of them being top 300 recruits with 4 star potential. If anything, more guys have regressed than progressed, despite my high player development skills. Development is huge for me because I’m coaching smaller schools and the excitement of landing a big recruit (normally between 150 and 300 nationally) fades fast when they come in and fail to progress more than a star and getting nowhere near their original 4 and a half star potential (their potential typically stays about the same). Wondering if anyone here has any tips. This program I just took over has a 4 and a half star senior center who was ranked #1300 coming out of HS so it seems that good development is possible. Just trying to figure out how I can tap into that good player development.
John Bee-line

Re: Player potentialir

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Having a #1300 ranked recruit who has 4-1/2 stars is strange. Maybe the previous coaching staff at the program you just took over was really bad at evaluating players and he really isn't a 4-1/2 star player. Often a #1300 ranked player will be 1-3 stars.

Even recruits ranked between 150th and 300th would not typically have 4-1/2 stars....more often 3 or maybe at most 4 stars potential.

Most of the players in the associations I've run have developed/improved, so not sure why you're not seeing development/improvement. But some guys improve slowly or not at all, particularly if their Work Ethic is low.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Player potential

Postby John Bee-line » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:17 am

The guy in question really is a borderline 5 star. He won A-10 player of the year his sophomore year and has incredible stats. I was shocked when I saw his rating coming out of high school
John Bee-line

Re: Player potential

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Wow! That was a heckuva good recruiting job then.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion