Use of shooting stats

Use of shooting stats

Postby John Bee-line » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:52 pm

I’ve appreciated the replies I’ve gotten to my many questions on this forum so I figured I’d provide some input on one strategy I’ve found success with.
I use the advanced shooting stats found in the Stats tab to determine which of my players to contact and ask them about altering their playing style. I typically refer back to this page every 6 games and usually talk to players 4-5 times over the season. For example, I had a PF who was too attached to a midrange jumper, which he hit about 32% of the time. He was automatic at the charity stripe, good under the basket and had decent handling so I kept suggesting he drive more. Took several months but he eventually turned into a great bench player, coming on and driving successfully to the basket frequently and drawing lots of fouls.
You can only influence shot selection so much, but I have found success using the method above.
John Bee-line

Re: Use of shooting stats

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:26 pm

Thanks for reporting on how you've achieved changes in playing styles. Cool!!!
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion