Brand New User - Generic Questions

Brand New User - Generic Questions

Postby laxtothemax12 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:00 pm

Hello,

Downloaded the demo and brand new to this game and it’s played realistic and great but I had a couple questions for the first season. I’m sure all these answers are somewhere I just can’t find (maybe too lazy lol) but if a vet had a chance to PM me or respond it would help me out a ton. I almost always did dynasties on a gaming console for football and basketball by taking the worst teams and trying to build a contender, so our coaching ratings are not great.

A. Recruiting - do you need more than the generic scouting services? I saw I had guys that one month were a 2 star and became a 4 star and vice versa (rose and fell over 500 spots sometimes). Our budget is small so I didn’t pay for the recruiting service rankings outside of I think the generic one (does it help?). Is there a date where recruits are locked into their final ranking so I can see what stars my guys actually are?

I noticed you could still contact and visit those that were verbally committed- do guys flip (with or without bribes) and that one of my verbals didn’t sign early, can I possible lose him if I don’t keep in touch with visits, etc? Should i trust generic rankings or our lowly scouting (1-2 stars for my assistants).

B. If you and your assistants are lowly rated are my current guys in the roster accurately rated/scouted? Or should I use in game results early on (box scores) to figure out who produces?

C. Do you need to manage each game and adapt to opponents scouting reports or does the CPU help you if you just sim the games like you may have on Xbox/PS3 to advance quicker?

Thanks for any input! Looking forward to buying full game and joining the community.
laxtothemax12

Re: Brand New User - Generic Questions

Postby PointGuard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 am

Welcome to DDSCB and to the boards here.

OK, here's my generic answers.
:D

laxtothemax12 wrote:Hello,

Downloaded the demo and brand new to this game and it’s played realistic and great but I had a couple questions for the first season. I’m sure all these answers are somewhere I just can’t find (maybe too lazy lol) but if a vet had a chance to PM me or respond it would help me out a ton. I almost always did dynasties on a gaming console for football and basketball by taking the worst teams and trying to build a contender, so our coaching ratings are not great.

A. Recruiting - do you need more than the generic scouting services? I saw I had guys that one month were a 2 star and became a 4 star and vice versa (rose and fell over 500 spots sometimes). Our budget is small so I didn’t pay for the recruiting service rankings outside of I think the generic one (does it help?). Is there a date where recruits are locked into their final ranking so I can see what stars my guys actually are?

I noticed you could still contact and visit those that were verbally committed- do guys flip (with or without bribes) and that one of my verbals didn’t sign early, can I possible lose him if I don’t keep in touch with visits, etc? Should i trust generic rankings or our lowly scouting (1-2 stars for my assistants).

The higher rated you and your assistant coaches are the more accurate your evaluation of recruits (and I believe the narrower that change in rankings although I'm not sure of this). Those coaches with low ratings can provide good input and evaluations but there will be more evaluation error. The ratings do become fixed at some point in the spring (but I can't every remember when specifically). I believe the basic scouting reports are very useful. The gold reports definitely provide more info including what other teams are in his top 10. I think the more you recruit the better you will become at combining all the various information and inputs you receive to make good decisions about recruits. If those you sign in Sept and Oct don't sign in November they are not going to have good enough SAT scores to sign, so you better keep recruiting through the winter and spring. [I'm hoping Gary changes this in DDSCB2021 since you really shouldn't know for sure this until the SAT scores come out in February.]

B. If you and your assistants are lowly rated are my current guys in the roster accurately rated/scouted? Or should I use in game results early on (box scores) to figure out who produces?

Same comment re my above...highly rated coaches will provide more accurate evaluations of your players and ratings for those opponents who are scouted. But I think it's always a need to combine the evaluations with game results.

C. Do you need to manage each game and adapt to opponents scouting reports or does the CPU help you if you just sim the games like you may have on Xbox/PS3 to advance quicker?

The AI does a pretty good job of coaching your team when you sim games. I think that the human can do a little better overall, but I also at times find myself making mistakes...that maybe the AI wouldn't have. LOL

That's my take on things, but others may have different opinions.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Brand New User - Generic Questions

Postby slaphappy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:52 pm

I will just comment on C. My feeling is the AI does a decent job over an entire season. I think I win more individual games I probably shouldnt ( on paper ) when I control things. So I do both during the year. Even some games I am coaching I will move everything to auto if it is lopsided in the 2nd half.
slaphappy

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion