Schedule Balance

Schedule Balance

Postby BKL » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:49 pm

I am playing a promotion/relegation game. Each conference has 16 teams and each team plays 16 games. I notice that instead of each team playing each other at least once and then just one other team twice, the schedule has 3 or 4 games against the same team and then no games against another team. Is this typical and realistic? Wouldn't each team play each other in its conference at least once (these are conferences with no divisions)? Just wondering if I need to edit the schedule. Thank you.
BKL

Re: Schedule Balance

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:56 pm

I play Promo/Rel often and I've never seen that. Send the files to Support, there's a glitch somewhere.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby BKL » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:05 pm

Wayne23 wrote:I play Promo/Rel often and I've never seen that. Send the files to Support, there's a glitch somewhere.

I checked the schedule file and it definitely shows repeats in a 16-game schedule. So, I don't think it's a glitch, but rather part of the way the schedule file is written. I'm running a pro/rel league with 16 teams in each league. If you look at the db file for 16 team leagues, some teams repeat in the schedule.
BKL

Postby PointGuard » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 am

Yeah, it's likely that it's not a schedule where each team plays every other team. So some teams will play other teams twice, but I doubt that it's set up to have teams play each other 3 or 4 times in the regular season.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion